PDA

View Full Version : Heat/Cool/Fan Quit Working

FlyinHigh
04-26-2012, 03:35 AM
Last few days I was having no problems with using both the air conditioner during the day and the furnace at night. For some reason today it quit working, just won't turn on. Can't even get the fan to turn on. So I'm thinking maybe I blew a fuse or a circuit or something. Only thing is, I can't for the life of me find the circuit breaker or fuse box to check. Where are they normally located? Thanks for any help.

:bdance:

jsmith948
04-26-2012, 04:20 AM
Can't tell from your post what RV you have.
On our Cougar 282res the power panel is just inside the entry door, at floor level.
It's a ventilated plastic panel with a hinged lid that opens to reveal the 120V breakers and the 12V fuses.
Hope this helps - you might be able to find it by listening for the converter's cooling fan.:)

Englishman
04-26-2012, 04:21 AM
What trailer/5er do you have this may help with the search for the fuse panel.

FlyinHigh
04-26-2012, 03:55 PM
Sorry it took me a while to respond. It's a 281efs. It's freakin cold right now and no furnace, no bueno

FlyinHigh
04-26-2012, 04:01 PM
In case it matters, same time the fan quit working, the light next to the fan/ac unit on the ceiling quit working. Maybe this means something? But haven't noticed any problems with any of the other lights.

Additional Info: fridge, freezer, stove, and hot water all work fine..