PDA

View Full Version : Tires and Towing

chris199
04-26-2012, 01:11 AM
Expecting delivery of our new Cougar shortly...32 SAB. 35 Foot...Should I be concerned aboug towong it with the stock P rated tires and rims? Hate to throw new rims and tires away but also want to be safe. Have seen some posts where people swear by E rated tires....but some seem to be 5th wheeler towers. 32 SAB is TT.

Any thoughts?

Really appeciate all of the input and insight from others here! Great site/forum!

richf28
04-26-2012, 02:33 AM
I had Passenger rated tires on my truck when I bought it. The weight rating was correct and capable of hauling my unit. I didn't like the ballon feeling or bouncy feeling I got when in slower stop and go traffic. I switched ove rto a heavier 6 ply LT tire.

CWtheMan
04-26-2012, 01:14 PM
Expecting delivery of our new Cougar shortly...32 SAB. 35 Foot...Should I be concerned aboug towong it with the stock P rated tires and rims? Hate to throw new rims and tires away but also want to be safe. Have seen some posts where people swear by E rated tires....but some seem to be 5th wheeler towers. 32 SAB is TT.

Any thoughts?

Really appeciate all of the input and insight from others here! Great site/forum!

Look in the truck's owner's manual. It should have recommendations for all towing operations including tire recommendations and pressures.

CW