PDA

View Full Version : Bridge height App's ?

sandy43
04-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Are their any good app's for bridge height? Android or Apple, either one would work for me. Most important, are they accurate and has anyone used them?
Thanks

Tranquilty1
04-22-2012, 11:32 AM
It's not an I-Phone app but I've been using the Rand McNally GPS for about a year. You put the RV height, weight, length, width, and amount of propane and then it routes you. So far it's been great.

Movin' on
04-22-2012, 01:00 PM
This isn't exactly what you're looking for but it can be helpful.

Go to www.aitaonline.com which is "America's Independent Truckers Assoc." , then in the search area where it says "select your topic", scroll down to Low Clearances. There's a lot of information there.

It's worth checking out. :)

mhs4771
04-22-2012, 05:22 PM
Just an FYI, I've found most of those sources to be good as long as you stay on the major highways and byways, but if you get off on secondary roads, you're on your own. If you know of a low bridge or overpass near you that's on a secondary road, try a route under it and see if it will show up.

campingcpl
04-23-2012, 08:02 AM
We have been using a POI on our Garmin that I got from this site and has work really good for use. It's shown all the low clearances around us so far even on the back roads.
http://www.lowclearances.com/index.html

alpine 1
04-24-2012, 05:23 PM
We just got the new rand Mcnally RVND 7710 and it is grate for low Bridges came whit life time maps pre set camp grounds and a lot more