PDA

View Full Version : Screen Replacement

matandjen
04-22-2012, 05:52 AM
One of the smaller horizontal screens in my Fuzion 360 Touring got destroyed and I need to replace it. I have been having a rough time finding a way to pin down the part number.

Anyone have any suggestions?

hankpage
04-22-2012, 06:04 AM
A "GOOD" local window and screen repair shop should be able to duplicate it if you have no luck with Keystone Customer Service. JM2¢, Hank

SteveC7010
04-22-2012, 06:06 AM
A "GOOD" local window and screen repair shop should be able to duplicate it if you have no luck with Keystone Customer Service. JM2¢, Hank

I fully agree with Hank. If the frame is still OK, just take it to someone local and have the screening replaced. It's a lot less hassle and running around.

matandjen
04-22-2012, 06:17 AM
Thanks.

That is the problem actually. The frame got a bit mangled and I need to replce the whole thing. I was hoping to avoid Keystone Customer Support, but I guess I will give them a call tomorrow.

35mastr
04-23-2012, 12:49 PM
I would just take it down to a window place and have another one made up.
Personally I think its going to be a lot less hassle and probably cheaper too.

SteveC7010
04-23-2012, 04:10 PM
I would just take it down to a window place and have another one made up.
Personally I think its going to be a lot less hassle and probably cheaper too.

Not likely. The frame for the RV screen windows is a proprietary aluminum extrusion made by the manufacturer of the windows. The radiused corners are not usually available from residential window repair folks at all.

Hehr makes most of the windows for RV's, and they may or may not be willing to sell retail to the end user. Best to check with your Keystone dealer first on an item like this.

matandjen
04-23-2012, 05:07 PM
Not likely. The frame for the RV screen windows is a proprietary aluminum extrusion made by the manufacturer of the windows. The radiused corners are not usually available from residential window repair folks at all.

Hehr makes most of the windows for RV's, and they may or may not be willing to sell retail to the end user. Best to check with your Keystone dealer first on an item like this.

Thanks Everyone. I will be calling customer support in the morning.

Wish me luck :)

mpd2001
04-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Did you have any luck with customer support? I have an 09 raptor and the long screen under the picture window is missing was wondering if they were able to help you out.

wellsy
04-30-2012, 10:53 AM
Yes I am curious too as the screen under the picture window in my Fuzion 302 is missing as well.

msp2jxr
04-30-2012, 01:38 PM
I want to put a screen over my escape window that currently doesn't have one. I checked with a couple of dealer ships to order the plastic radius corners with no luck. They all want to sell me the whole screen which is $60.00 plus the cost of shipping which is over $20.00. I finally went to the big box store and purchased a screen replacement kit for $12.00 and will just add wood corners to fill in where the radius corner will normally be.

matandjen
05-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Zero luck so far. I have now been told which dealer to use and they have been "investigating" since last week.

I will let everyone know if I ever hear anything.

I really want a factory replacement because if I do anything else it will bug me. :)

mpd2001
05-01-2012, 01:35 PM
I hear ya, I would like a factory replacement also. If you have any luck with that dealer I would appreciate the dealer info.

matandjen
05-25-2012, 05:30 PM
Looks like I have my screen replacement on its way. Spoke to Keystone directly and they referred me to a specific dealer. After 10 minutes on the phone the screen was ordered.

Keeping my fingers crossed it will work.