PDA

View Full Version : Sewer Connection Question

msp2jxr
04-15-2012, 10:32 AM
Has anyone ran into the problem of having the sewer connection too deep into the ground? We were at a campground with the sewer connection encased with cement and the 90 degree elbow would not clear the cement. Is there any extension that would raise it up at least 6 inches before the elbow would be used that works with the Rhino Flex Sewer system? I ended up taking off the elbow and shoving the hose into the hole, but this prevents the sewer from being sealed. We have run into this at a couple of different campgrounds and we are trying to find a solution so we don't smell sewer gases.:(

Ruffus
04-15-2012, 10:36 AM
Hey Jay
I found that if you use what they call a donut, it raises the connection about 3 inchs and seals the connection at the same time. In Florida thay are manditory now to prevent leaks.

msp2jxr
04-15-2012, 03:31 PM
I do have one but it did not add the height needed for this situation. Thanks for your input. We have been to a few campgrounds that required the use of a doughnut.

chuck&gail
04-15-2012, 04:34 PM
We use the simple solution, only connect hose when dumping. No smell, no problem. You should not leave valves open anyway, so what's the difference.