PDA

View Full Version : What car will fit in a 12' Raptor Garage (395LEV)

Donegal Bill
04-14-2012, 02:13 PM
I just bought my 2012 395LEV and was wondering what car ( preferably a 4 seater) I could fit in the Garage. I am thinking the new Scion IQ or the Mini Cooper S or the new Fiat 500. Any one have any experience with this?? Am I missing something here?? I figure if the length and weight are within the specs, I should be OK. I know the Tow Vehicle is always available for running around, but at 10MPG, It would be nice to bring a small car to run around and sight see in!:thumbsup:

ktmracer
04-14-2012, 06:17 PM
according to the keystone website CCC is 3300lbs. weight of the mincooper S is about 2800lbs. Humm..... I doubt that the rest of the stuff you carry will only be 500lbs.

Seriously, toyhaulers are focused on quads, MC etc. not cars. The other concern I have is what the weight carrying capacity of the drop down ramp is. It wouldn't suprise me if you exceed that with the mini and may damage the ramp trying to get the car in. And will the car have enough ground clearance to make it into the garage given the rather steep ramp angle on the ramp.

And finally, how will you hold the car down when it is in the trailer. I certainly wouldn't trust the existing floor tiedowns to hold the car in place even if you could tie them to the car.

turbopilot51
04-15-2012, 06:24 AM
Smart Car? Around 1800lbs.

allentx1
04-15-2012, 07:36 AM
How about a street legal gas golf cart? If it's just around town (small town) then a licensed cart would work and not exceed any weight ratings (cheaper and less insurance to boot).

Donegal Bill
04-15-2012, 11:49 AM
Just bought a Ford trip 2002 street legal cart , sweet unit and fits right in ! I appreciate the input !

Donegal Bill
04-15-2012, 11:56 AM
1236Actually a Ford Think .. I never heard of them before . But a four seater shaped sort of like a smart car ..

Aggie Charlie
04-17-2012, 12:33 PM
Love the Ford Think! Now your 395 LEV is really complete!!!!:thumbsup:

Bumper
05-25-2012, 03:46 PM
I just bought my 2012 395LEV and was wondering what car ( preferably a 4 seater) I could fit in the Garage. I am thinking the new Scion IQ or the Mini Cooper S or the new Fiat 500. Any one have any experience with this?? Am I missing something here?? I figure if the length and weight are within the specs, I should be OK. I know the Tow Vehicle is always available for running around, but at 10MPG, It would be nice to bring a small car to run around and sight see in!:thumbsup:

The main problem is the trailer garage is only 8' wide. You can't open the doors once inside to get in and out. I've seen a mini-cooper in a 14' garage but it was a convertible and the driver had to crawl over the back or front to get in it or out. Which I suppose is not a problem if you're young and agile, I'm not. About the only thing I found that would work is the two seater Smart car. If you pull it with in a couple of inches from the right wall you'll have about two feet in which to open the driver's side door. An overweight person may still have a problem but it's doable for most people.