PDA

View Full Version : Got the New Sydney Outback 340FBH 5er

breadman224
04-10-2012, 06:58 PM
Ordered and recieved our new Outback 5er, Came in 4 weeks earlier than planned. The beast pulled great for the ride home from the dealer, With the exception of a Screen door that would'nt lok because the latch wouldnt reach the catch, Our wood top table came delivered with a noticeable dent in the top and door moldings around the bunkhouse entry looked like crap, other than those issues it is a nice looking comfy atmospher for a bunkhouse, I got a new table comming, fixed the door with a shim, and redid the molding around the door, Wasnt happy the trailer shipped from the factory with these noticeable problems! But its ready to roll, added a mor/ryde pin box. Looking forward to useing the rig sooner than later!:bdance:

dave-g
04-11-2012, 02:12 AM
good luck with the new rig. I got a new one last year- (cougar 325srx) still very happy with it.

I looked up your model- very nice layout. I see some have the fireplace. That looks like a cool option.

Best of luck with it.

outbackmac
04-11-2012, 12:49 PM
We have the 2011 321 frl and love it. one problem we had is the door locks have been replaced twice, and the nuts on the flex system were loose so please check

Comptech
04-12-2012, 06:45 AM
Congrats we looked at this model too, but decided to go with the Cougar 330RBK. I liked the Outback a lot, but the Cougar was less expensive and I loved the remote that comes with it... All in all they are very similar... Have fun...

Outbackmel
04-12-2012, 09:04 AM
Congrats....you will have more small issues as you tow the unit and "stuff happens".

One thing I would suggest you invest $50 in: slide in carpet protectors for the main LR slide. Our 329FBH is similar as to the LR slide and after 1 year and 2 cleanings, coming off this recent 7,000; 3 month trip, I wished I had bought and used them. I will be getting them this week BTW.

Plenty of dirt is carried and stains your LR carpet without protection runners.

I am not excited about getting into ours and spending hours working to ensure carpets again look new.

I am open to suggestions from anyone having experience in removing carpet stains of this nature....

therink
04-12-2012, 01:40 PM
Congrats Breadman. We are going in on our third season with our 329fbh. No complaints so far. You will likely find minor things thy you'll want to modify, tweak, mod or repair. Things will work loose over time and require attention. It's the nature of the beast. Have fun with it.
Outbackmel, hope you had a good trip. I rent a Rug Doctor extractor machine with the upholstery tool and clean every square inch of carpet and upholstery. It does a great job but requires a bit of elbow grease. I do mine once every season.
Steve