PDA

View Full Version : Adding Lights in pass-thru on my 297RKS

Branky
04-06-2012, 10:00 PM
This is more a funny story rather than and "How to" article.
DW and I purchased a new Courgar 297RK Fith last year. On thing I thought was lacking was more light in the passthru and in the front storage area between the landing gear. One light on the curbside of the passthru was all there was.
Now we have owned RV's for 30 years now so I know not to rush in to things. After 9 months and numerous trips, I decided to install a fixture I had left over from previous lighting jobs in the passthru. I mounted it without issue, picked up power from the water / shower box.

I decided I would tackle the storage compartment next. I was looking for the best place and looked up and discovered a light already in the best location! The dealer never mentioned it during the PDI and I never looked hard for a light there.

Oh well, time to sit back, open a libation and chuckle about it. Hope everyone had a great Easter break! :wave:

...Brent...

f6bits
04-07-2012, 06:14 AM
I like your technique: Wish it to happen.

But you do bring up a good point. A light on one end of the passthrough isn’t adequate. It makes me want to start looking for an 8-foot strip of LEDs to hang in there.

Branky
04-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Well I tried the light at night and the two lights in the passthru are just right. Zero cost 'cause I had the fixture/
I also found a local dealer who sells LED strips by the meter in various number of LED's per meter and various Lumens. Easy to mount, comes with 3M double-sided tape. and the strips are 12 volt. So if you have a low wattage sodering pencil (No 100 watt Weller guns) you can wire it yourself. And you can find it on E-Bay too.