PDA

View Full Version : Tire Covers and Storing Unit???

reubenray
04-03-2012, 02:45 AM
Due to family emergency issues and work I am unavailable to use our new Cougar HC 291RLS as much as we plan to. So it is being stored for months at a time in the hot SE Louisiana climate. In researching how to store it I keep reading about tire covers. What size covers do I need? They are categorized in inches.

Also what other things should I do to storage my Cougar? Should I open a vent at least. I have a Maxair cover on one of my vents. I have read to drain the tanks, remove all food and prop open the refrigerator and turn off the battery.

What else should I do?

Edit: I cannot just measure my tires, being I am working 9 hours drive away from where it is stored.

geo
04-03-2012, 04:29 AM
Reubenray -

Get on the Keystone RV website and look up the specs for your Cougar. If I remember correctly, the covers are sized to rim sizes, but I'm not for sure on that.

Ron

Tim&Patty
04-03-2012, 06:28 AM
Ray,
I use the dual axle wheel covers (sm size,tires diameter 27") only one tie to deal with on the duals. Most important thing they come in Gray or Black! She's got to look good in the lot also :cool3:. As for cracking a vent, I don't, not sure it would make that much difference :bdance:

reubenray
04-03-2012, 08:09 AM
Do you remember where you got your tire covers at?

Tim&Patty
04-03-2012, 11:45 AM
Got mine locally, Camping World has em for $22, 27" to 29" Black Tandem Tyre Gards #32122, ya need 2. They have a lot of goodies if nothing is close, even bought our folding bikes on line.

Jorme
04-03-2012, 12:14 PM
Due to family emergency issues and work I am unavailable to use our new Cougar HC 291RLS as much as we plan to. So it is being stored for months at a time in the hot SE Louisiana climate. In researching how to store it I keep reading about tire covers. What size covers do I need? They are categorized in inches.

Also what other things should I do to storage my Cougar? Should I open a vent at least. I have a Maxair cover on one of my vents. I have read to drain the tanks, remove all food and prop open the refrigerator and turn off the battery.

What else should I do?

Edit: I cannot just measure my tires, being I am working 9 hours drive away from where it is stored.

What I like to do also, when mine is in storage, is to park the trailer on plywood. I cut 4 pcs that fit right under the tires. Something my grandfather taught me years ago. Breaks some of the heat off of the blacktop and moisture out of the ground. I also made some aluminized covers and velco them over the vents in the ceiling. Depending on the bulk of the sun to the trailer, cover the windows with extra blankets. The UV will come through the curtains and blinds and fade the fabric on the furniture. And lastly, if you are in a very dry climate, you might want to think about maybe putting a 5gl bucket with some water in it on the floor of the trailer. It just helps to keep some moisture in the air when its hot and dry. Little bit easier on the wood.

reubenray
04-03-2012, 04:27 PM
Got mine locally, Camping World has em for $22, 27" to 29" Black Tandem Tyre Gards #32122, ya need 2. They have a lot of goodies if nothing is close, even bought our folding bikes on line.

Great - I have a Camping World close by.

Thanks!