PDA

View Full Version : New to keystone and forum

109rfan
04-02-2012, 05:48 AM
Hi my names mike just ordered a hideout 29bhs. We were quite happy with our Jayco 26bh but lil tight camping with 4 adults,3 dogs and one kid well my salesman wrangled us into a new 29bhs at a local rv show and offered us a decent deal. So here we are anxiously waiting for delivery. I'm pretty optimistic this trailer will serve us well and will tow easily with my tundra 5.7 although loaded il be at my comfort limit weight wise.

Englishman
04-02-2012, 05:52 AM
Welcome to the forum and good luck with the new hideout 29bhs.:wave:

hankaye
04-02-2012, 07:34 AM
109rfan, Howdy;

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good folks and information
to be found. NEVER be afraid to qsk a question... the answer will allive or it may have been asked and answered already ..... Be sure to use the search function to help yourself ... suprising what's in there ;)

hankaye

Festus2
04-02-2012, 07:42 AM
Good morning and welcome to the forum. There is a "Social Group" of Tundra owners on the forum which can be accessed by clicking on the Community link at the top of the page (blue bar). Since you tow with a Tundra, I thought you might want to look into that group. As hankaye suggested, the forum search feature is a very useful tool to find out information and comments that might pertain to your particular RV and TV.

chris199
04-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Welcome Mike! We just traded our 4.6L Tundra for the 5.7L. Just got the tow mirrors from Sparks and replaced the stock mirrors. Truck is same color...no one really knows I traded up....

We are towing a Cougar 32 SAB....well we will be. Its on order now. We towed a Passport 199ML last year. Almost didn't know it was back there.

I share your limits on towing. Our new trailer is 35' long. Was intimidated enough I went ahead and got the Hensley hitch. Propride would have worked too.

Those RV shows are dangerous! We went in mostly content but wanting some more room. Well the end result was a new trailer on order and I traded my 4.6L for the 5.7L...gotta love that!

Alll the best with your new TT!

109rfan
04-02-2012, 11:38 AM
You'll love the 5.7. Yeah I'm not worried about size but in my figures for weight being dry at over 7100 I imagine wel be around 8k fully loaded figure in gas and 2 adults were closer than I'd like to max weight

chris199
04-02-2012, 03:10 PM
I hear ya. The spec on that Hideout has a significant hitch weight.

I'm planning on stopping by a local/small truck stop to get the weights down once the new TT comes in.

Enjoy!