PDA

View Full Version : SP campground still not open

Ironryders
04-01-2012, 05:45 PM
I know the calendar says early spring but all the trees have enough leaves to shade the campsite, the water at the campground is off and the bath houses are closed. This is truly tragic.:(

f6bits
04-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Weird. Mine are open.

rhagfo
06-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Well there is a climate differance between Indiana and SoCal! In Oregon there are several that are open year around, but not all, January to late March you almost always have your pick of spots!
Winter storms make for great weather watching!

f6bits
06-06-2012, 10:22 AM
As I look at SoCal desert parks, some have the opposite problem. They close due to summer heat, so June/July/August are definitely out.

hankpage
06-06-2012, 04:16 PM
I know the calendar says early spring but all the trees have enough leaves to shade the campsite, the water at the campground is off and the bath houses are closed. This is truly tragic.:(

Many states are cutting back and just don't have the money to keep parks open. Or use them to get people angry enough to pay more taxes. Or both of the above.
Let us know if they have opened, Hank

campingcpl
06-07-2012, 06:15 AM

Which state park is it? We camp at a lot of the state parks in Indiana.

f6bits
06-07-2012, 08:24 AM
California State parks/beaches already have their closure dates set and advertised. I’m naively optimistic that they’ll stick to those so there won’t be any surprises.