PDA

View Full Version : Converter Question?

sandy43
04-01-2012, 01:45 PM
I have a 2012 Alpine 3200RL. My previous 5ver's have always been plugged in 24/7 at home. They've all had three stage converters. This new Alpine I have no idea what type or where it's located. I'm hoping it's a three stage converter so it can be plugged in all the time. I would imagine the Montana's are the same. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

mhs4771
04-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Some of the Montana vary by the different packages. Didn't you get a stack of manuals with your unit? I know ours has an 80 amp Xantrex multistage converter/charger and did come with a manual. I think Keystone may have changed on the newer models to a 90 amp, but don't know the brand. Our converter is located under the steps to the bedroom.

Comptech
04-02-2012, 10:36 AM
I did not know there was a difference in converters... multistage? I have always left my RV plugged in 24/7 home or away at the camp sites...

f6bits
04-02-2012, 12:20 PM
My 2011 has a three-stage converter, so I’m willing to bet that yours does, too.

Multistage means that first stage is BOOST, to rapidly get the battery above 80%, then goes to NORMAL, which is regular power to get to max charge, then TRICKLE to keep the battery topped off.

sandy43
04-02-2012, 12:58 PM
I talked to Keystone today, a super nice lady by the name of Robin. She said all the new Keystone RV's have a 3-stage converter. Makes you wonder why the dealership couldn't answer this question. Oh well, I'm happy. Now I know what kind, where it is, and where to download the manual. Thanks

Festus2
04-02-2012, 01:24 PM
Glad to hear that you have had your questions about your converter answered. You shouldn't, however, be too surprised that your dealership was not able to answer your question.

Comptech
04-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Good to know... thanks for the schooling... :)

geo
04-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Sandy43 -

As Robyne said, yes we all now have three stage converters. Yours is probably located in the utility basement area aft of the storage basement. You would have to remove the screws holding the carpet-coated luan panel to access it. I doubt if it is a Xantrex though it could be. I can't remember the make of mine (but it is not Xantrex), I would have to get my picture out. I did not receive a manual with the Alpine either.

I can say the my converter is located behind (aft) of the furnace directly behind the power panel. I had to re-arrange the furnace ducting as one duct was crushed against the converter and blocking the converter cooling fan. That's why I could never really hear the converter fan and one heating duct was only blowing a little heat.

Ron

sandy43
04-04-2012, 11:21 AM
After digging and probing I find I have a WF-9875-75 Amp Power Converter. I assume that's good, whatever, that's what I got. Also a friend who has a new 35ft Montana has the same converter. probably standard with Keystone.