PDA

View Full Version : Looking for RV Resource Books

dufous
03-31-2012, 05:45 AM
Although we've tent camped and used dry popup campers, our new Sprinter 318fls is our first "fancy" trailer. The relative complexity of all these pumps and switches and such wasn't much touched in the half hour walkthrough at delivery. There is a pack of brochures about the air conditioning system and the refrigerator, but not much of an integration document or overall guide. Is there a really good aftermarket book on the care, maintenance and troubleshooting of traveltrailers?

Festus2
03-31-2012, 07:05 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum. Lots of print material available as well as some very good sites found on the Internet. You can do a Google search on RV care, repair & maintenance or have a look at Bob Livingston's book "RV Repair & Maintenance Manual" from Trailer Life.

JRTJH
03-31-2012, 08:15 AM
Last year, Good Sam Club did a series of DVD's on RV issues. The first, on RV maintenance was sent to members "free of charge" but the rest were to be sold for $19.95 each and mailed to subscribers about once every 2 or 3 months. I did not subscribe, because it seemed like they were "forcing" the rest of the set on members. Anyway, I saw in Camping World where they are selling the DVD's for $4.95 each in the stores. I'm not completley sure they are the "same" DVD's, but they sure do look like it LOL

Anyway, check out Camping World, you should be able to find 2 or 3 DVD's with some pretty good information on maintenance and use of RV's.

hankaye
03-31-2012, 09:09 AM
dufous, Welcome Howdy;

Follow the link, will lead to a book store and a weekly news letter.
Chock-full of decent information.....

http://www.rvtravel.com/issue527.shtml

Again, welcome to the forum...

hankaye

dufous
03-31-2012, 09:38 PM
thanks very much for the leads...finding stuff on the internet is never a problem...finding good stuff is a different matter.

CincyGus
04-02-2012, 03:04 AM
One other thing I have found very helpful is using Youtube.

You'd be surprized what people video tape and put on Youtube. Product and installation demos, repair and replacement videos, all kinds of stuff. When I find a good one I bookmark it in a file in my favorites called RV Videos and then same the name to describe what it is if it's not obvious.

I've learned how to use and setup an awning, replace a vent fan, seal roofs, replace water pumps, how to inspect and pack wheel bearings, etc. All kind of goodies on there. I generally trusk the ones from businesses demonstrating, installing, repairing their product the most.

gerry.witt
04-06-2012, 09:53 PM
It is really hard when you’re just starting out. Do you have a good insurance company yet? I’ve heard AARP camper insurance is an affordable option. All the best with your new endeavors!