PDA

View Full Version : simple darkening mod

slider
03-29-2012, 07:40 PM
In our 2590bh I put some adhesive backed Velcro in the 4 corners of our bedroom and bunk windows and the window in the door. Then cut out some black felt sized for each window and the felt sticks to the Velcro and does a great job blocking out unwanted light. We had planned to put felt up at night and take down during day, but usually leave up all the time since we don't mind leaving that area "shaded" and keep the rest of the camper bright.

Not really an earth shaking mod but helpful if you like it dark when you're trying to sleep and the normal blinds/shades aren't enough.

michaeliack
03-29-2012, 08:37 PM
Great idea for those with little ones at nap time. Thanks.

2011 keystone
03-30-2012, 07:59 AM
We used the silver bubble wrap looking automobile sun shades and cut them to fit our bedroom windows we also used velcro to fasten to window frame works great and does not look bad from the outside.

LarryL
03-30-2012, 08:58 AM
Good idea that would work for the vent in the bedroom.
We have blackout curtain for the windows witch helps
when at campground they put you under the big security
light where its alway day time:(

michol02
03-30-2012, 09:25 AM
Did the same with the silver bubble wrap, but spray painted one side black, so it just looks like tinted windows from the outside.

allentx1
03-30-2012, 12:22 PM
just thi spast trip I paid a mobile guy $275 to make 3 solar screens for our 3 large windows. He measured, cut and sewed a trim to the edges. He riveted buttons (silicone on each rivet) to the camper around the window frame and snaps on the screens. They roll up when I travel and the pop out window got an extra set of button snaps just above the hinge for that opening to allow me to use without flapping in the wind. We noticed a major difference in the temperature straight away. No one sees in during day and we can still see out. I bet this could be accomplished with sun screen from Home Depot...

LPW1962
04-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Great idea Slider - am currently sitting in the campground, actually just across the row on the inside horseshoe pull through sites, where your picture in signature line was taken...!!!! It gets hot here! (LOVE it anyway though!) We have always put up towels/blankets over the nightshades to keep light and heat out but i am going to try your mod with either the felt or the autoshade bubble wrap stuff.

Thanks,
Leslie :-)