PDA

View Full Version : 28 rbs leveling with 2004 f150 screw

Katt
03-29-2012, 04:31 PM
Just brought home our 28rbs and I am concerned with the tongue weight. I purchased the Equalizer hitch and had the dealer install and adjust to where the level was comfortable enough to get home. My front was still up and the pressure was unreal on the bars. Hopefully I can adjust something to make it right but I am wondering if the water tank is all the way up front?

f6bits
03-29-2012, 05:27 PM
Here’s a link to some good setup instructions:
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/17730894.cfm

If the front end is up, it makes me think the shank (ball) is too high. As the link instructions imply, it’s an iterative process where you have to go back and forth on the three settings (shank, washers, bars) until everything evens out.

As a reply on another post says, don’t travel with a full water tank. At *most*, I have 10 gallons in it, but 5 should be sufficient. Nowadays, I try to travel with it empty. What’s in the pipes is good enough for one emergency toilet flush.

EDIT: Sorry, I thought you meant front end of your trailer. You may need additional washers to adjust the shank angle. I’ve added at least two and now my front end is less than ½” above normal.

And when you’ve got the time, head over to a scale and weigh all your axles with and without the trailer hooked up.

Katt
03-29-2012, 05:51 PM
Thanks, I'm going to adjust on the hitch this weekend. I try to travel with water tank empty, but there are some places close by where I have to fill at home.

Festus2
03-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Katt:
Your above post is a duplicate of one that you just posted earlier today in the Towing and Tow Vehicle section and I responded to it there. Surprised to find the same post here in this section. Just a reminder that double posting is a "no no" on forums.

Katt
03-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Sorry, I'm a newbie to the forum!