PDA

View Full Version : Help - where's the drain lever

Jim & Kay
03-27-2012, 04:08 PM
We have the 2012 Cougar HC 291RLS and I've looked high, I've looked low, and I've looked in between and cannot find the 3rd drain lever for the 2nd gray water tank. I was not shown this is in my walk thru, even spoke to the factory and they said it was under the living room slide next to an axle, but I still have not found it. But according to my monitor panel, I do have the 2nd gray tank. Any help locating the lever would be much appreciated.

reubenray
03-27-2012, 04:17 PM
If I recall it is to the right of the black tank drain just about under the big slide. While doing the PDI that is when we had a 2nd gray tank.

Dwighop
03-27-2012, 04:20 PM
Don't know your model for sure but you have to stand on your head to find mine. In between axles behind leave springs is the tiny tiny handle. Mine is soon to be painted high vis!

Hunter757
03-27-2012, 04:31 PM
I would agree its a smaler handle you really need to get down or laydown and look around. If by some chance you can't find it look for a small hole the handle might have come unscrewed and fell out? Good luck I am sure you will find it.

Happy Camping and enjoy the new trailer.

Tim&Patty
03-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Drivers side, right behind the first wheel about 6" off center (to the rear) of the axle, if ya don't find it I'll get a picture tomorrow. PS that's why I changed mine LOL. Happy Hunting!

Dwighop
03-28-2012, 03:22 AM
Drivers side, right behind the first wheel about 6" off center (to the rear) of the axle, if ya don't find it I'll get a picture tomorrow. PS that's why I changed mine LOL. Happy Hunting!

Pictures of your change would be great. I know there has to be a way but can't get my little mind to picture it.

Tim&Patty
03-28-2012, 06:20 AM
Ok, I have the roof cleaned (+Max Air vents installed) tail and passenger side washed and waxed and ya force me to take photos of the side I haven't done, how embarrasing:o. As I mentioned last night, drivers side, behind first wheel
Photo 1 shot straight on (showing the 3M reflective strip that I added to help locate)

Photo 2 shot between the two tires towards the handle.

The handle is more visible in the photos because it's open and no longer used because I installed second galley valve out in the open. Shown in photo 3.

Dwighop, click on our name and select Public Profile, you'll find other photos of mods I've done :bdance:

Jim & Kay
03-28-2012, 01:56 PM
Thanks everyone for your input, I went out this morning before breakfast and set down my coffee and started looking just behind the front axle and there it was staring back at me laughing. Thank you, Tim, I'm going to copy your mod and change both this drain valve and the fresh water drain. I can see this is not your first rodeo and apparently you have all your ducks in a row. But seriously guys, thanks for your help.:thumbsup:

Jim & Kay
04-02-2012, 03:35 PM
Ok, I have the roof cleaned (+Max Air vents installed) tail and passenger side washed and waxed and ya force me to take photos of the side I haven't done, how embarrasing:o. As I mentioned last night, drivers side, behind first wheel
Photo 1 shot straight on (showing the 3M reflective strip that I added to help locate)

Photo 2 shot between the two tires towards the handle.

The handle is more visible in the photos because it's open and no longer used because I installed second galley valve out in the open. Shown in photo 3.

Dwighop, click on our name and select Public Profile, you'll find other photos of mods I've done :bdance:

Tim,
I finally got around to installing the second valve on the galley grey water tank today. Tomorrow I plan to work on the fresh water outlet. Thanks for the ideas.