PDA

View Full Version : Tank Panel Issue

Hansel
03-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Newbie here,

I've got a 2005 Laredo that awhile back the panel that lets me know the levels in the tanks went on the "blink" as in the only thing the panel tells me is that the battery is charged and the level that the battery is at, it does not tell me when the grey tank or fresh tank or the sewage tanks are full or getting full, nothing at all. I replaced the entire panel, and still the same thing it only tells me the condition of the battery not my tanks.

Any idea's????

SteveC7010
03-27-2012, 02:19 PM
There are sensor wires that go from the panel to the tanks. Each tank has several sensors on it and there's a wire to each sensor.

Since the panel is not registering any readings for any of the tanks (correct?), either the main cable is separated somewhere, or there's some other similar problem.

KIB is the big manufacturer of these systems, and I suspect that Keystone uses their products. You might check their website for manuals, etc.

Hansel
03-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Yes, none of them are working. I had it at the camper shop and didn't have them spend a ton of time on it since the going rate is ($109)an hour for labor. They chased the wiring harness as far as it went till it came to like a main wiring harness for the whole unit, so they stopped because they knew I didn't want to spend a fortune on the problem. PLus they would have to remove the undercarriage panel.

Thank you for the reply:)

Frogdown
03-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Pretty much all level indicators stink. The RV industry build junk out of junk. Too bad but that is the way it is.:(

SteveC7010
03-27-2012, 03:45 PM
Yes, none of them are working. I had it at the camper shop and didn't have them spend a ton of time on it since the going rate is ($109)an hour for labor. They chased the wiring harness as far as it went till it came to like a main wiring harness for the whole unit, so they stopped because they knew I didn't want to spend a fortune on the problem. PLus they would have to remove the undercarriage panel.

Dropping the undercarriage panel is not a particularly difficult task. With a multimeter, you should be able to check the continuity of all those wires in short order.

Those wires have to be verified if you hope to ever solve the problem.

geo
03-27-2012, 03:47 PM

As Steve said, try getting on the Website for manuals. The tank sensors work off electrical resistance. Water conductivity sometimes causes problems. But since none of your sensors work, are you getting power to the panel to send out to the sensors? You will need the wiring for the panel harness, but that would be my first test as a check.

Ron

bennydog
03-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Any chance that they are on a fused circuit? Mine is still buttoned up for the winter or I'd check.

Hansel
03-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Any chance that they are on a fused circuit? Mine is still buttoned up for the winter or I'd check.

I don't think so, none of the lights are showing a blown fuse, plus I'm sure the RV guys would have also checked. I'm going to get my brother to check it out when he's in town, he's and elecronic wiz:thumbsup:

Hansel
04-02-2012, 12:18 PM
Well I found the KIB web site, and found my control panel specs. and have my brother looking at them too see what could cause the tanks not too register on the panel. Thanks for the info;)