PDA

View Full Version : Replacing cooktop with Range combo

Scarpo
03-25-2012, 04:37 PM
My 2004 Montana 3685FL has the cook top and the convection oven, no regular gas oven. I would like to replace the cook top with a regular range. There is a cabinet below the cook top that looks like the correct size to fit the range. Has anyone done this? I am in the HVAC business so doing the actual switch is no big deal to me as long as I don't have to modify the cabinets.

SteveC7010
03-25-2012, 05:30 PM
My 2004 Montana 3685FL has the cook top and the convection oven, no regular gas oven. I would like to replace the cook top with a regular range. There is a cabinet below the cook top that looks like the correct size to fit the range. Has anyone done this? I am in the HVAC business so doing the actual switch is no big deal to me as long as I don't have to modify the cabinets.

The Atwood brochure contains dimensions needed for installing the various models of their stoves, ranges, and cooktops.

I suggest you download the brochure and check the dimensions of the cabinetry in your trailer against the charts in the brochure.

http://www.atwoodmobile.com/images/range.pdf

FWIW, install manuals, owners manuals, and brochures like this one are all downloadable from the various manufacturer's websites. The info is there 24/7/365.

My real world guess is that because RV manufacturers design their cabinetry around appliances like the Atwood ranges and Dometic refrigerators, the cabinet below your cooktop is the correct size for what you want to do. That way Keystone can offer the cooktop or full range as choices.

And you are right, swapping that cooktop for the range should be a very straightforward and relatively easy job. Once you open up that cabinet, the range should slide right in. Hook up the gas and 4 or 6 screws to hold the whole thing in place. Worst thing I can think of is the space below the cooktop will be too tall so you'd have to be creative in filling the space below the range.