PDA

View Full Version : Too early to de-winterize?

Shelbs
03-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Circumstances will have us living fulltime in our new Passport 2850RL beginning this Friday 3/30. We will be just a few miles down the road from our home in Massachusetts.

Despite wonderful weather the past week or so, we are expecting more seasonable temps for the first week to ten days of the month. High temps will vary from 63 to 43 and lows will range from 31 to 40. I remember being told that the rule of thumb is not to de-winterize until temps are consistently above 40. That said, the campground has turned the water back on and I would really like to be able to shower in the camper and have use of the indoor plumbing.

So the question: do ya think I'm safe to de-winterize? Since we are going to be camping in it, we will likely have the furnace running at night. Should I wrap the fresh water hose? Is it necessary to do that?

Thoughts, suggestions, ideas all welcome!

hankpage
03-25-2012, 12:43 PM
If temps will be below 32°F for any length of time you could just disconnect the hose at night for safety but at the temps you mention I personally would not be concerned. It may be a little warmer here in New Jersey but my trailer is already pink-stuff flushed and sanitized ..... ready to go. If you will be in it with furnace on I see no problems. JM2¢, Hank ............. have fun

Badboy
03-25-2012, 12:44 PM
I just did mine today,and as far as heat you can use a space heater.Enjoy the camping season,and be safe on the road.:wave: :thumbsup:

Englishman
03-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Same here. We have started to de-winterize and get the trailer ready for the our first trip. Roof has been clean and camper washed, New tV installed and extra installation installed in the front locker to keep the cold air off of the bed. And the fresh water tank has been flushed out. I will flush the pipes out in a couple of weeks.:bdance: