PDA

View Full Version : Question on Outdoor Kitchen - Keystone Laredo 303tg

Papato6
03-25-2012, 05:03 AM
Just bought a Laredo 303tg last weekend and took it out this weekend. Wondering if you should close the door on the outdoor kitchen at night or does that put stress on the refrigerator?

Jay D
03-25-2012, 05:39 AM
I have a sprinter with the outside kitchen and we close it just so we don't have any animal surprises in the am. The screws in my brackets on the camper side (inside the kitchen)are always coming loose.

SLIMSHADIE
03-25-2012, 05:59 AM
I close the door to keep critters out too, like Jay does. No heat build that I noticed. For the brackets I had the same problem. I had a buddy weld the brackets on a 3"x6" metal plate and put 8 holes around the outside of the plate. Repainted the new plate brackets with some gloss white spray paint. Looks factory and is holding up well after 1 1/2 years.

If I did it agian I would use a 2.5"x6" plate. My door seems to be 90% styrofoam. Like theres a 1x3 running top to bottom on the left and right sides, with a big sheet of styrofoam in the middle. The inside holes of plate just missed the wood. So I'm only using half the screws. But with the bigger footprint its holding up great.

allentx1
03-26-2012, 10:52 AM
I close mine at night mostly to keep the humidity away from the counter top and cabinet wood. The fridge never has any problems, even in the summer. I ALSO have the bracket issue only in my case the piece of luan mounted inside the kitchen (facing the RV) has pulled loose and is bowed out due to the strain. I am awaiting the moment that it finally gives way.

flybouy
03-26-2012, 05:05 PM
I close mine, no problems.

Papato6
03-26-2012, 06:31 PM
Thanks a lot! Made sense to close it but just wanted to double check.

charltons
03-26-2012, 08:28 PM
We close ours every night. No issues as of yet with the fridge. We load it at home and run it all night with the door closed. I have not noticed any heat build up and the fridge stay nice and cold.

DTJ9610
03-27-2012, 06:10 AM
Close. hve left it closed for a couple days while we weren't there and did not apper to have any issues with the fridge.