PDA

View Full Version : Electric Fire place install MKS 326

msp2jxr
03-22-2012, 05:58 PM
I thought I had my wife convinced an electric fireplace wouldn't fit in the Cougar MKS 326. Low and behold one handy man invents the wheel. Next thing I know I am installing an electric fireplace in my 326 with the help of my DW. Just want to say thank you for posting and giving good directions on getting this installed with little to no hassle. It was quick and easy thanks to the people who forged ahead on the this site and took pictures and time to document what they did so others could follow. My hats off to the people on this site... Here are a couple pictures of my fireplace install.

LarryL
03-22-2012, 08:28 PM
nice job and good to see everybody trims the front a little different
the one thing to remember to unplug that extension cord before
putting slide in I hang a note up on the kitchen slide switch:applause:

LPW1962
03-23-2012, 11:29 AM
JAY!!!

You have made my day! DH and I have been thinking of doing this mod in addition to the stair mod we have already completed. DH was almost convinced the fireplace was not doable...and of course, I just can't let it go!! Now, you dear man, have proven DW right again... QUESTION - where did you get your fireplace insert and what model # is it, please? :-)

Thanks!
Leslie

SteveC7010
03-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Jay,

I am wondering why you chose to place the extra shoreline connector for the fireplace on the side of the slide out rather than on the outside.

Very nicely done. I am not showing DW these pics, I am not showing DW these pics, I am not showing DW these pics. :cool3:

mobile42
03-23-2012, 09:20 PM
Jay,

Nice job! Does the fireplace also have a built-in blower? And, where did you purchase it?

msp2jxr
03-24-2012, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the input everyone!

Here is the direct link from where we purchased the fireplace:
http://www.mantelsdirect.com/Products-Accessories/plug-in-electric-fireplaces-MD/ClassicFlame-26-Insert-26EF022GRA

The model number is on the end (26EF022GRA). They also have a new model with a mesh screen front instead of the glass one, but we preferred the glass look as we thought the mesh screen may rattle when walking around the trailer.

We went through the side of the slide for the extra power because I did not want to drill through fiberglass and we feel it was less of a tripping hazard and more protected to have the cord run from the side of the slide.

Great tip for the extension cord. We will place a post it note on the slide switch as a reminder!

This fireplace has a 1400 watt heater with a thermostatically controlled blower. It also has a timer if you prefer to use that option.