PDA

View Full Version : roof ladder

hwsjr
03-20-2012, 06:11 AM
hey thanks for the info on the scare lights does anyone know where to locate parts for the outside roof ladder . thanks

f6bits
03-20-2012, 07:09 AM
Do you already have a roof ladder? Many trailers aren’t structurally strong enough to mount a ladder to. While the roof can support your weight, you’d need a standard ladder to lean against your trailer to climb up – RV ladders put a lot of stress on their mount points.

charltons
03-20-2012, 08:44 AM
Do you already have a roof ladder? Many trailers aren’t structurally strong enough to mount a ladder to. While the roof can support your weight, you’d need a standard ladder to lean against your trailer to climb up – RV ladders put a lot of stress on their mount points.

X2 on this....I looked to add one as well as was told the same thing by both the dealer and the manufacturer rep at an RV show.

hankpage
03-20-2012, 09:21 AM
I'm not sure what ladder you have on your Montana but you may find parts HERE (http://www.factoryrvsurplus.com/categories.php?category_id=155). Some parts are universal. Hope this helps, Hank

christopherglenn
03-20-2012, 10:11 AM
Anyone mount their ladder to the ramp (outside) of a toyhauler? Not to use, but for transporting? Mine mounts to the rear side, and I doubt I should leave it there when traveling. I just leave it at home.

hwsjr
03-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Thanks yes looking for parts , factory ladder has little damage .

randy69
04-14-2013, 09:53 PM
Just went to a rv show and seen some improvements roof ladders. The standoffs swing out then you pin them. while you are using it. swing it in and pin it when your traveling. Its about a 1/2" from the unit. searching on every site to find the standoffs to apply to my ladder.

gtabbut1
02-18-2014, 11:44 AM
Did you locate or purchase any new style standoffs? (folding type)

PARAPTOR
02-18-2014, 01:01 PM
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15530

Hopefully pasted this link in correctly, if not please due a search "roof ladder" and you should see my post referencing external ladder on Raptor TH. Note new foldable ladders 2014 units have supports in different location that the non foldable ladders 2013 and before. YEAP they are a PITA !! :(