PDA

View Full Version : Fifth wheel landing gear cross brace stabilizer

Russ26SAB
03-17-2012, 03:13 AM
Anyone have any suggestion on which one ov the stabilizer system is the best for my 26SAB?

Tim&Patty
03-17-2012, 04:09 AM
Russ,
You might want to check out the SteadyFast thread on the same page as yours. I just installed mine on Wednesday ROCK SOLID! Not much fun drilling the holes in the frame, but worth the effort. Fast set up and tear down (stays on) plus looks good.

SteveC7010
03-17-2012, 08:11 AM
Anyone have any suggestion on which one ov the stabilizer system is the best for my 26SAB?

Another vote for the SteadyFast. I just dropped the nickel on it earlier this week and am waiting for it to arrive.

FWIW, the folks at SteadyFast are the nicest to deal with that I have met in a long, long time. I had a Amazon gift card that I wanted to use to pay for part of it and they were just great at sorting that out.

Ron and Stacey Delaware
03-17-2012, 03:32 PM
i have been contemplating steady fast or a tripod, how much was the complete steady fast system delivered?

Hunter757
03-17-2012, 03:45 PM
i have been contemplating steady fast or a tripod, how much was the complete steady fast system delivered?

Here is there link:

http://www.steadyfast.com/feedback.html

I myself will be doing this upgrade soon!!

greende
03-17-2012, 04:00 PM
Just bought a steadyfast system. Will install it in a few days.

Festus2
03-17-2012, 04:22 PM
It seems that most folks are abandoning their tripods and installing a more effective albeit more expensive stablilizing system. The Steadyfast system seems to be the one that most members are now purchasing and installing. The feedback from this system has been very positive but good results are also being reported from members who have been using other makes. Many users of the tripod are finding that it is not particularly effective and a nuisance to store and pack around.

hankaye
03-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Howdy All;

Just posted in the Steady-Fast thread that I purchased one of the kits with extra feet (I'm parked usually on gravel & prefer a larger footprint), this past Thursday and it's supposed to be here Monday.
Park Manager is willing to drag his weilder down to my site to attach the rear frame mount like 66ken did;

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=4262&page=2

post #18. Should have it installed by the end of the week.

hankaye

Russ26SAB
03-18-2012, 03:46 AM
Thank you to all for your feedback

Str8shooter
03-18-2012, 07:52 PM
We love our SteadyFast system which I installed about a year ago. Before the purchase we used a tripod but quickly learned it provided no real benefit.

Good luck.

hsmunoz
03-19-2012, 05:57 AM
I installed the JT strong arm system, and it works as advertised as do most of these systems

flip side is I saw one rig with a 2x4 and a couple c clamps across the front jacks, and that worked too!

jsmith948
03-19-2012, 06:26 AM
I installed the JT strong arm system, and it works as advertised as do most of these systems

flip side is I saw one rig with a 2x4 and a couple c clamps across the front jacks, and that worked too!

10-4 on the 2x4
I was wondering about a couple of ratchet straps

Ayotte
03-19-2012, 08:34 AM
We use a tripod on the front and find it works very well. Do have issues with the back-frame where jacks are mounted let it wabble. Plan on building a cross brace out of square tubing to stabalize the back.

NWTTrailer
04-08-2012, 05:52 PM
Here is what I put together with what I had around the house. Stops about 90% of the wiggle. Just bolted the brace for the top of one jack to the bottom of the other. I even had enough material to make one for My Dad:thumbsup: