PDA

View Full Version : stereo "clips"

travr
11-25-2009, 11:25 AM
Anyone know what causes a radio to make a Clipping sound? It only comes from the left side speakers.

Flyguy
11-25-2009, 05:20 PM
Your not showing your trailer type or your location, I can only assume that you have a Jensen wall mount radio, I would remove the radio from its mounting and look behind it, you'll probably find a mess that needs to be cleaned up in the cavity, check by gently tugging on the splice connectors for the speakers, I had one pull out and I replaced the splice connector for my left outside speaker, in fact check them all and replace whatever is bad, splice connectors don't cost that much. The radio removes by unscrewing the four mount screws and pulling the radio forward (gently), have another person there to support the radio while you unplug it from the main connector, then go thru all the splice connectors by gently pulling on the wires while holding the splice connector. It's just a suggestion.

Flyguy
11-25-2009, 05:49 PM
I found your other post stating that you have a 2008 Fuzion 393 toy hauler and I pulled it up to check out the radio, looks like a "Clarion" radio and it still pulls out after removing the four mounting screws, I would check the splice connectors first, most fixes are usually simple, I hope that yours is too.

travr
11-26-2009, 10:56 AM
thanks for the idea. I did pull it off and yes, it was like a 2 year old put it together. I talked to a stereo guy yesterday as well and he figures it may be in the head unit itself or a shoody speaker wiring job. I'm going to upgrade the head unit this week anyway, hopefully that cures it. Thanks again