PDA

View Full Version : refrigerator

fred
03-14-2012, 12:33 PM
Hello i have a 2012 avalanche getting ready to take first trip.Started refrigerator today after 6hrs. bottle of water in freezer froze but water in fridge dose not seem that cold it has gotten a little cold but not cold like it should.I guess my question is dose it need more time to cool or more things in fridge or possible problem. Thanks for your help

SteveC7010
03-14-2012, 12:39 PM
Hello i have a 2012 avalanche getting ready to take first trip.Started refrigerator today after 6hrs. bottle of water in freezer froze but water in fridge dose not seem that cold it has gotten a little cold but not cold like it should.I guess my question is dose it need more time to cool or more things in fridge or possible problem. Thanks for your help

Give it 12 to 24 hours to get down to proper temps. There is a slider on the fins in upper part of the fridge compartment. On the newer fridges, I believe that is a temp setting. Check your owners manual for the refrigerator to be sure.

You may have faster startup if you do it on propane instead of electric.

Festus2
03-14-2012, 12:42 PM
We usually start our fridge the day before we are going to head out and, by morning, everything is cold and good to go. Six hours is probably not enough to get your fridge cold enough. If you have any interior slide control that regulates the temperature inside (cool >>> colder) you might want to adjust that IF your fridge model has such a control and it isn't as cold as it should be after being on for at least 1/2 a day.

jje1960
03-14-2012, 12:45 PM
We do the day before, also use the small DD circulation fan. If your freezer is working, the fridge section is as well.

Terrydactile
03-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Also it would depend on how cold the water was before you put it in the fridge. Fridge will work faster if the majority of the stuff you put in it is already cold.

Jorme
03-14-2012, 09:09 PM
I normally turn mine on at least a day before we are going to load it......Like was said earlier, give it 12-24 hrs to get to the proper temp.

campingcpl
03-15-2012, 08:37 AM
Same here as most people. Will usually turn on the night before we leave or in the morning before we leave for work if we are leaving that night or early the next morning. We also use a small circulating fan in the bottom of the fridge which seems to help cool it down faster.

halfprice
03-15-2012, 09:36 AM
I have two gallon water bottles that are frozen. I put one in the freezer and the other in the fridge. I heard this helps cool everything down faster.

I turn mine on the night before if leaving in the morning. If its an evening starting trip I turn it on in the morning.

Jerry

fred
03-15-2012, 11:14 AM
thanks for all the help working fine.

Jorme
03-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Same here as most people. Will usually turn on the night before we leave or in the morning before we leave for work if we are leaving that night or early the next morning. We also use a small circulating fan in the bottom of the fridge which seems to help cool it down faster.

The small 2 (d) battery fan is definitely the way to go....have used one all my life in the trailer fridges. Keeps the cooling even too when the fridge is jam packed for the week.....

campingcpl
03-16-2012, 07:19 AM
The small 2 (d) battery fan is definitely the way to go....have used one all my life in the trailer fridges. Keeps the cooling even too when the fridge is jam packed for the week.....

Yep they really work great. My parents have used them for as long as I can remember and when we got our first trailer we started using one too and have been using it ever since. :thumbsup:

SAABDOCTOR
03-16-2012, 09:39 AM
Add me to the list I thought they were a joke when I first saw them. I always use mine nave for years.. The batteries last a long time too.:bdance: