PDA

View Full Version : easy fix for storage area & fresh water inlet

Jim & Kay
03-12-2012, 03:16 PM
When checking out the storage area on our 291RLS, I found a lot of wasted space due to the installation of a piece of paneling. It was installed at an angle to cover up the water lines in the back of the city water connection, black tank sprayer, flexable heat duct, & etc.... stopping near the center of the laundry shoot area. I changed the angle of the paneling to open up the unusable space. Pictures explain better than I can the finished look.

I, also, changed the screw cap for the hose and cable inlet to the type used for the electrical "aka" mouse hole type to prevent having such a large opening. I put a short piece of foam pipe insulation around the water hose and the tv cable and it seals perfectly. The bottom cap can still be installed when the hose and cable are removed.

monte1214
05-27-2012, 12:32 PM
I, also, changed the screw cap for the hose and cable inlet to the type used for the electrical "aka" mouse hole type to prevent having such a large opening. I put a short piece of foam pipe insulation around the water hose and the tv cable and it seals perfectly. The bottom cap can still be installed when the hose and cable are removed.

This is my first time having that "hole". I'm a little concerned with how easy rodents and such will see this as a freeway to the trailer!?!?!?

I was thinking of doing something like your mod, but also adding a foam vertical strip to where the "split" is on the wall that separates the 2 compartments.

Thoughts??

LarryL
05-27-2012, 12:41 PM
Good idea where did you get the electrical cover?

Jim & Kay
05-27-2012, 02:10 PM
LarryL,
When I first saw the big opening, I knew something would have to be changed, so I purchased the electrical inlet (mouse hole) from the dealer where I purchased the 5er. It is a standard part should be available at any RV supply/parts dealer or probably could find on EBAY at a good price.
Monte1214,
Sounds like a good idea, post your photos when you get it done and I may try it too.

Roberson4
05-31-2012, 07:08 AM
Great idea. Seems they are called RV electrical/cable hatch or something. Plenty on ebay for a reasonable price.

Edit: Just ordered "RV trailer electric POWER CORD CABLE HATCH camper round" off ebay. $8.48 including shipping.