PDA

View Full Version : Hello....

s79
03-11-2012, 05:24 PM
Hello,
We are new to the world of rv's, we just purchased a cougar 29bhs....cant wait to use it....We just brought it home to realize the access/storage door into the bunkhouse area will not stay closed. It appears the striker/latch on the door barely engages the peice on the door frame. so even when locked you can pull it open with one finger. it does not appear to be adjustable. I would make some sort of shim, but since we literally just brought it home, I'm going to take it back up to see what they can/will do. Looking foward to all the usefull info on this site.

hankpage
03-11-2012, 07:42 PM
:wave: Welcome to the forum. The storage doors do not have the most secure design on most RVs. Usually it is just a matter of tweaking the aluminum frame a little so the latch contacts it correctly. You are correct in thinking that the dealer should fix it as it is a new trailer but you also have to weigh the time, cost and aggravation of returning it with the fact that it (most likely ) will be a two minute job to bend the frame up to meet the latch. I would take another good look at the latch and see if this is all that is needed before dragging it back and probably having to leave it for service. Once you get the little bugs ironed out I think you will enjoy your new trailer. Good luck and travel safely, Hank

antiqfreq
03-12-2012, 01:38 PM
Welcome to the forum
&
congrats on your new camper.

I hope you enjoy IT and enjoy visiting out site.

Our members love to chat and answer any and all RV related questions.

Jo
;)