PDA

View Full Version : New member with a 2012 X-lite 27RLS

JimInMich
03-10-2012, 11:22 PM
Hi folks

Bought a 2012 X-lite-27RLS last Aug. So far, so good. We have owned several trailers: 1998 ( I think ) FunFinder 195FD, 2004 Aerolite 24RB. Can you see the progression? Every few years, I end up with something larger. I think I am now maxed out with a 1/2 ton truck. With no plans on a 3/4 ton, I am hoping this is our last trailer.

http://www.jim-ross.com/xlitefront.jpg
http://www.jim-ross.com/xliteback.jpg

The Bear Trap
03-11-2012, 04:22 AM
We are camped in ours this very moment in Winnemucca, Nevada. This is our maiden voyage and all is well. It's been 19 degrees in the mornings but the furnace hardly runs set at 55 for sleeping. It pulled flawlessly and we got 12mpg out of our 06 F150' 5.4. We love the floor plan having come from a sprinter class c this is a palace.

Badboy
03-11-2012, 04:43 AM
The wife and I just bougt a Cougar 32 RKS and we can not go any bigger we are maxed out at 6900 #,we are going to pull with a 2008 Chevy Tahoe.We did have a 30 ft. Outback and no problems pulling and don't expect none with this one.

Fishhawk
04-20-2012, 03:36 PM
Jim
We recently bought a 27RLS and have a rig similar as yours with the exception of the 3.73 ratio on our 2008 1/2 ton GMC
We have camped 1 night so far and will head out in May for a week in the mountains doing some trout fishing And playing at some folk music jams

Looks like this is going to be a great camper for us
We will keep folks posted on how the Cougar is doing

chartrand
04-20-2012, 07:17 PM
Can you post of few photo's of the dinette made into a bed, I'm wondering how big they are, maybe measure it if you have a measuring tape handy.

Thanks
Pat

JimInMich
04-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Can you post of few photo's of the dinette made into a bed, I'm wondering how big they are, maybe measure it if you have a measuring tape handy.

Thanks
Pat

I can not, sorry. We have the actual dinning table and 4 chairs in out TT. It doesn't make in to a bed.

Festus2
04-20-2012, 08:01 PM

Thanks
Pat

Pat -

You might try starting a new thread in this section and ask for pics and dimensions. Might have more success getting your request answered.

Fishhawk
02-22-2013, 04:08 PM
Jim
We recently bought a 27RLS and have a rig similar as yours with the exception of the 3.73 ratio on our 2008 1/2 ton GMC
We have camped 1 night so far and will head out in May for a week in the mountains doing some trout fishing And playing at some folk music jams

Looks like this is going to be a great camper for us
We will keep folks posted on how the Cougar is doing

UPDate....2/22/2013
We have now camped 17 weeks in our 2012 Cougar
It has been a very good camper and we couldnt be more pleased with it

Only problem has been with an issue
with the water heater
This caused us to switch to gas vs elect for a week while the elect heater parts were rounded up and replaced ( all in warranty and with no hassle

In OHO This is a very comfortable and quality camper

Glad we bought it

chartrand
02-22-2013, 07:24 PM
Glad to hear it's working out well for you. So what's your take on the front cover area for the propane tanks? Is it easy to get them in and out? I say a YouTube video that made is look a little tight.

-Pat

Fishhawk
02-23-2013, 03:06 AM
Changing the tank is No big deal if you take the cover off instead of just piviting the cover down

Because my power jack won't let the cover pivit down anyhow
I just remove the cover when changing tanks

With these 30lb tanks, I don't have to remove and fill very often

davidjsimons
02-23-2013, 03:14 AM
Changing the tank is No big deal if you take the cover off instead of just piviting the cover down

Because my power jack won't let the cover pivit down anyhow
I just remove the cover when changing tanks

With these 30lb tanks, I don't have to remove and fill very often

I have the Cougar 28 RBS, and as you said, removal of the cover is the best course. It's only two knobs and two latches. It takes all of about 15 seconds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk