PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum, Rain Gutter Leak

007stiggs
03-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Hello all,
Just purchased a 2012 Cougar 26BHS and love it except for the rain gutter leak right above the entry door! Poor design to put the gutter seam right above the door. I applied "Goop" to the seam where the gutter butts into each other. I'm hoping that will keep the water from dropping on my head when I open the door.

Terrydactile
03-07-2012, 03:17 PM
It seems that they just put the joints where ever the end of the piece comes to. I seen a few complaints about them being above the door.

hankaye
03-07-2012, 05:14 PM
007stiggs, Howdy;

First of all, Howdy and welcome to the forum.
There is a lot of good information to be found !
Any questions ....ASK if ya don't it's on you "bouncey:

I'm always getting wet when it rains, awning dosent help much cuz I've generally got it stowed.. rain gutters help ... some.

hankaye

CincyGus
03-08-2012, 07:47 AM
Google rain chains and you'll see a bunch some people use instead of downspouts for their house gutters. If it were me I'd drill a small hole in the end of the gutter exstension and run a piece of string from it on an angle away from the door.

One other option is to crank the front of your trailer slightly higher so the rain runs towards the back of the camper. Shouldn't be enough to hurt the frig any.

allentx1
03-08-2012, 07:50 AM
Are we calling those rain gutters? I hadn't noticed them working in the rain. :rofl: Seriously though, double check the goop and make sure you did not create a "dam" of sorts that would cause the water to just pour over the side anyway. As the rest have said, if it rains harder than drizzle, you are going to get wet anyway.

SAABDOCTOR
03-08-2012, 08:18 AM
Wow is that what they are called? I thought it was a place for the dirt to coolect and cause the black streaks down the side of the camper:rofl:

007stiggs
03-10-2012, 07:20 AM
Thank you everyone for your replies. I was sure not to apply too much goop as not to dam the water. So far the goop is successful at stopping the rain water from leaking through the seam.