PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Casper250
03-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Greetings everyone. I'm considering my first RV purchase and am mind-boggled by all the choices. I'm seriously considering the 331MKS, but wonder if there's another make or model that I should see first.

I'm planning on living in it FT for 2-3 years while I finish grad school. I got what I think is a great deal from a dealer in Indiana (hopefully they didnt blow away). Even with hauling it to Oregon, the nearby dealers wont touch the price. I dont plan on moving around much, if at all.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks !

allentx1
03-05-2012, 06:08 PM
If it is anything like the one on this site, I would say that is going to be very nice to full time in. Sure makes the apartments seem obsolete. Good luck in school.

http://petesrv.com/2012_Cougar_331MKS_Fifth_Wheel_Trailer_Keystone/15214.html

f6bits
03-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Wow, that’ll be nice! Isn’t it like a $3,000 delivery charge? I looked at dealers back east and found that the delivery charge killed the price advantage for me.

mtbkrdan
03-05-2012, 06:58 PM
Casper,

The best thing to do is consider all the amenities you may thing you need. The biggest thing we found is storage. Even as a temporary gig, we didn't have enough storage for how we wanted to use it. We looked at many different types of RVs and floorplans and decided Laredo was right for us with the U-shaped dinette and tons of storage. The outdoor kitchen will be nice also.

Finding the rig from a dealer in Indiana is a good bet because that is the nexus of travel trailers and fifth wheels. I think I heard or saw that about 85 to 90 percent of all rvs come out of the Goshen, IN area. Good luck.

Festus2
03-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Casper250
Floorplans, interior decor and colours are very much personal preferences. If you will be living in the RV by yourself, your needs will be different from those of a family who have children. That model has a rear kitchen which does not appeal to some people while others like it.
If you are impressed with the layout, decor, features, etc., then this model might make a good choice.
Another factor to consider is your tow vehicle but if the RV is going to be parked for a couple of years, then your RV is not particularly important right now.
I would assume that, because you are a student, you will be doing a lot of "studying" and therefore would need a reasonable area in the RV that can be your "work center". But if you are not hitting the books, then an entertainment center might be the focus of your attention. (Probably the former ???)
Hope this helps.

BoosTT
03-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Greetings everyone. I'm considering my first RV purchase and am mind-boggled by all the choices. I'm seriously considering the 331MKS, but wonder if there's another make or model that I should see first.

I'm planning on living in it FT for 2-3 years while I finish grad school. I got what I think is a great deal from a dealer in Indiana (hopefully they didnt blow away). Even with hauling it to Oregon, the nearby dealers wont touch the price. I dont plan on moving around much, if at all.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks !
If you don't have a way to move the RV, you better make sure everything works before it's delivered!