PDA

View Full Version : change of plans?

hitchikerman
03-04-2012, 08:43 AM
We are planing to take our fifthwheel in two weeks and was just wondering what to do should I change my plans to go to gatlinburg TN because to all the dangerous weather conditions...friends of ours canceled there plans last may to go to Nashville because of all the rain they got there

hankaye
03-04-2012, 11:18 AM
hitchikerman, Howdy;

You should be fine, just keep updated on the weather as you travel.
When I drove for a living, I found that listening to the local radio stations as I pass through an area gave me the most up to date info. and if there was an alert They'ed broadcast it... not a feature of 'playlists' or sat. radio...
Alot of the local stations will also help with traffic info. too. How 'bout dat !!!

hankaye

hitchikerman
03-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Sounds good Hankaye...I believe if I listen to the AM band should give good weather info there

hankaye
03-04-2012, 04:52 PM
hitchikerman, Howdy;

I always used FM band. Gives good solid recption from about 75 miles on side of town/city to about 75 miles the other side. 150 miles or roughly 3 hours per station change. Very liveable.
If you want to do the AM band try after dark as they are allowed to crank-up the power after a certian hour.
Sometimes, when I was lucky I could listen to the Philly Flyers on WCAU radio
(broadcast from Philly), in my car in Jacksonville, Fl. Am radio is goofy that way..

hankaye

PS. Glad to see you changed to your "inside voice" :-)

hitchikerman
03-05-2012, 04:36 PM
Fm probably the best why to go, Like you say it covers a greater distance and I know I would not be traveling at night:thumbsup:

Badboy
03-29-2012, 03:06 AM
If we changed our plans because of what the weather is going to do we would never do any thing.:wave:

chipjohns
04-08-2012, 02:42 PM
And, as Jerry Seinfeld said, "If the Weather Man was accurate, we'd only need to watch the weather forecast every five days!"