PDA

View Full Version : New RV

Sharkman
03-01-2012, 01:02 PM
Just bought our first rv yesterday. We've been tent campers for years but have always wanted to get one. We got the Passport 2910BH. We have 3 kids and figured the bunkhouse would work out great.
Just stumbled upon this forum while searching Keystone on Google and figured it would be a good place to join for advice.

Can't wait to get out in the next month and try it out!

Sharkman

Festus2
03-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Sharkman.... Welcome to the group and glad you stumbled upon us! You will certainly enjoy all of the comforts that come with your Passport and somehow I don't think that you will miss the tent one bit. If you have any questions, find the section of the forum that best suits your query and we will try to help you out.

f6bits
03-01-2012, 01:37 PM
Welcome! Awesome floorplan. Gotta love the bunkhouse!

SAABDOCTOR
03-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Hi Sometimes you stumble into gold.Great bunch here! nice move up from a tent I know i sure don't miss the sleeping bag and the ground my wife and i camped with a motorcycle and a tent.ah youth!enjoy and welcome:bdance:

JoeofNSB
03-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Congrats on the new Passport. Lots of great help and people on here. They have b een a big help to me. Happy trails and camping adventures.

michael
03-01-2012, 03:46 PM
Welcome sharkman, Pull a chair up to the camp fire and have a good time.

86GT2r
03-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Welcome Sharkman. I hope you get many happy memories w/ your new Passport.

hankpage
03-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Who are you kidding?? ..... Your gonna miss sleeping on rocks and in puddles!!! :rofl: Your family is really going to love that Passport. Welcome and travel safely, Hank :wave:

ksfis43
03-02-2012, 05:13 AM
Congrats and Welcome!!!

Oscar
03-03-2012, 01:57 PM
A tent? Snicker......

Sitting in AC luxury as we speak....Going to spend a nice comfy night (again) after cooking my dinner on the appropriate (built in) appliances.....

Pass the grey poupon!

Welcome to the lighter side of camping.

jf831024
03-03-2012, 02:10 PM
Congrat & welcome Sharkman!!

Our first TT had a bunk house as well and we loved it!!

I am sure you & your family are going have a great time making memories together in it!!
:thumbsup:
;)

BoosTT
03-06-2012, 10:23 AM
No more (long) walks to the bathroom! You'll love the RV upgrade.

FYI: One of the biggest tips I would suggest: No shoes on inside the RV. It's the only way you can keep it somewhat clean with kids.

john I
03-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Ahhhh... tent camping, i remember the days. 3 kids and their friends,oh then i thought pop up camper thats it....but by then it was x boxes,phones,music and the girls...who would thought they would need all the clothes,cosmetics,and hair care products. Then i dicovered the bunk house camper... heaven on earth.

good luck and have fun

allentx1
03-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Welcome to the RV world. We have had 2 bunk houses and we almost never camp without someone elses kid(s) in tow in addition to our 2. Our last tent trip was 65F during the day and at night with clear skies it dropped to 21F... My daughter would just moan... We were frozen, almost slept in truck if I hadn't had the loud exhaust on it. :)

And take BoosTT's advice, we never allow shoes and the one guest (who was never invited back) kept "forgetting" and I still pick stickers out of the carpet...