PDA

View Full Version : Load capacity

Mij
02-28-2012, 07:57 PM
I need to buy tires for my Yukon. I'm between BFG Rugged Trail TAs and Bridgestone Duellers. Noticing load ratings now. Im pulling a 3050 Passport and am the trucks limit for towing and want to make sure my tires are up to speed. Any thoughts or suggestions would be awesome before I buy tires n hook on to her this spring.

CampDestinations.com
02-28-2012, 08:32 PM
I'm doing the same for my 'burb. I have Duellers on all four, and they've been good tires, but they are not well suited to heavy loads on the rear axle. I'm considering jumping to tires with an E load-rating. With the Duellers, if I push the air pressure to the 44psi max before I tow, it does nicely. But I think I can get a little more stability from the tire and I don't want to feel like I'm pushing the rubber to it's max.

Anyone know if the stock 1500 series rims would have a problem with the increased PSI needed for E rated tires?

campingcpl
02-29-2012, 07:09 AM
I need to buy tires for my Yukon. I'm between BFG Rugged Trail TAs and Bridgestone Duellers. Noticing load ratings now. Im pulling a 3050 Passport and am the trucks limit for towing and want to make sure my tires are up to speed. Any thoughts or suggestions would be awesome before I buy tires n hook on to her this spring.

I had the Duelers on my other truck and was not overly impressed with them for the price. I have used Copper and Mastercraft tires on other trucks and have really liked them. Last summer I put a set of Mastercraft Courser A/T 2 on my 3/4 ton and have been pretty impressed with them so far. They rid good and have been wearing really good. Not to meantion they are E rated and have a 50,000 mile warranty and was about $200.00 less then the Duelers. I also put a set of Mastercraft tires on my wifes car and we already have close to 50,000 on them and still have more then half the tread left on them and we get good gas mileage and they handle very nice.