PDA

View Full Version : PDI Checklist

jje1960
02-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Very important. However, unfortunately, when we picked up our current unit, it was like thee coldest day of the year, wind blowing... just plain nasty. Sales girl (bless her heart) had the furnace running... trying to go through everything... However I was like... god I'm freezing, my eyes are watering... show me the inside... I'll figure out everything on the outside later.... Poor wife unit was only very interested in anything that was near a furnace vent! Lucky our new unit was manufactured well, we have been lucky and have no big problems that we should have found on delivery!:)

michael
02-27-2012, 05:59 AM
I have not yet picked up my Sprinter 297RET, When we did our walk thru at the dealer i noticed nails in the trim that were protruding,
that was taken care of, My sales man noticed that there were not sink covers and orderd them, the service department found a possible issue with the fridge and the sales man called me to ask when i wanted to pick the camper up,
And to tell me they orderd the new part. I did find a pre pickup inspection sheet on this site and it had alot more then i would have inspected on my own.

But like most we dont find these things untill after the purchase. I think while its still at the dealer i will take the list and run thru the trailer, The only problume is its still winter here, time to dress for the weather lol.
I wont mention the name of the dealer yet until i pick up my trailer to give a true grade on the before and after treatment,
But i did buy my new pop up in the early 90s and my used 92 gulf stream in the later 90s, and had a good expeiriance with them,

And i have shoped else ware before i bought from them and i keep coming back could be a good sighn :thumbsup: , Once it warms up enough to put water in it then i will follow every waterline and check all the drains under the sinks, Time sure flys i was going to pick it up april 1rst now i think it will be march 15th weather permitting, I guess im one who expects probblumes, So i like to allow extra time to get things fixed before i plan on moving into it full time April 28th. And i hope if i find issues it will be fixed By then, lol my fingers are crossed, If not we will stay in a Hotel,

Let It Happen Campin,
2011 sprinter TT, 297RET
2008 Ford Super Duty 250 4x4 Crew Cab V10

SmittysRV
03-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Where is that inspection sheet? We going this Thursday to pick up our new 5er...

f6bits
03-26-2012, 07:56 PM
It’s a sticky in the General Questions forum. I’m so proud of myself of remembering this little nugget of wisdom:
http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5129

SmittysRV
03-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Awesome!! Thank you!

soncruzers2
04-22-2012, 05:36 PM
This pre-delivery check list is one of the reasons I joined the forum. Thank you, thank you. We plan on ordering a Montana 3800RE in August, we have owned Class A's for over 15 yrs, this will be our first 5er, the list will be very helpful.

Fred and Judy:wave:

tekman741
04-29-2012, 07:44 AM
Picked up new to us springdale 296bh the check list caught a few minor issues that where repaired before leaving Wicked Awesome thanks