PDA

View Full Version : remote

Fireman640
02-20-2012, 08:50 AM
2010 Keystone Sprinter if there was a remote for jacks and awning where would the board be for it inside entertainment center? also is there a way to disable the jacks switches on the side?

nauticalnutla
02-20-2012, 09:00 AM
on my cougar it is mounted inside the outside storage compartment.

Mike L123
02-20-2012, 04:36 PM
Not exactly sure if i understand the question? The actual circuit board, at least on our Cougar, is in the front outside storage compartment where the jack legs and motor is. The remote control unit forn the entire RV) sits in a little pocket on the inside info. panel (lights, pumps, slides etc). You can disable the switch by simply pulling the fuse for the jacks.

If i missed something please re post your questions?

Cheers!

Mike

SteveC7010
02-20-2012, 07:09 PM
2010 Keystone Sprinter if there was a remote for jacks and awning where would the board be for it inside entertainment center? also is there a way to disable the jacks switches on the side?

The control board in our Cougar is also in the front compartment with the landing gear mechanism and motor. I believe it pretty much has to be there to keep the power wires for the landing as short as possible due to current draw.

I have not heard of disable switches for the outside landing gear controls, but it would be easy enough to get some heavy duty, high amperage switches and wire them in series to the existing switches. You could locate them inside the front compartment without lengthening any wire runs.

(Honest and straight forward piece of advice here: If anyone reading this is not familiar with 12vdc wiring to the point that adding switches like I just described is scary, I don't recommend this kind of job as a DIY project. Given the amperage capacity of the wiring associated with the landing gear, a mistake could be catastrophic.)