PDA

View Full Version : pigeon forge

2011 keystone
02-17-2012, 03:49 PM
Has any one stayed at a CG called the eagles nest in pigeon forge TN.
And if so would you stay again? We are thinking about going to Dollywood this summer and this CG seems to be fairly close to all attractions.

Thanks......

tjl
02-17-2012, 04:27 PM
We've never stayed there. We usually stay at Clabough's Campground on Wears Valley Rd. in Pigeon Forge. It's a really nice campground. Reasonable price and nice facilities. It's about a half mile or less off the Parkway and close to everything.

byrdr1
02-18-2012, 04:31 AM
2011Keystone,
if its the one I am thinking about. come back towards town and stay at Clayboughs. Tell them you want the front section of the campground. Its in a little better shape than the back part in my opinion. We have stayed at Claboughs plenty of times and we stayed in the back, It works but I really think the front section is nicer. the pool in the back section is bigger and nicer. both ends of the CG have snack bars and the front one has a large store with anything you would need to camp or make repairs and it has a Exxon station too. over all we enjoy staying here. Small creek runs beside CG but it would hard to play in it, ducks everywhere.
Now all this is my opinion..
randy

TeamCyBo
02-18-2012, 05:10 AM
Has any one stayed at a CG called the eagles nest in pigeon forge TN.
And if so would you stay again? We are thinking about going to Dollywood this summer and this CG seems to be fairly close to all attractions.

Thanks......

We stayed in Sevierville last fall at Up the Creek cg. It is small and off the beaten path. It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles but is very nice, friendly and clean. It is very easy to get to and not to far from Dollywood. With all of The hussle and bussel of Pigeon Forge, it was nice to kinda turn it off and enjoy some peach and quiet.

We would very much recommend this cg.

Enjoy your trip.

Bo

2011 keystone
02-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Thanks. We looked at Clayboughs websight and it looks very nice and plenty to do for the kids, is it pretty close to dollywood? If so I will be making reservations there in the next week or two. again thanks everyone.

tjl
02-18-2012, 06:25 PM
Depending on traffic, it's only about 10 minutes from Dollywood. I think you'll really like Clabough's. It's a really nice place.