PDA

View Full Version : Slide out

Fireman640
02-08-2012, 10:28 AM
I have a 2010 Sprinter 318 FLS and when i open the slides living/kitchen then bedroom they kinda go at same time the living one beats the bedroom if i stop once the living open the bedroom still has a way to go if i hold down switch it goes all the way out is this ok? Seems to be from what i read the motor will stop if switch is held after room is open after a few secs probally to keep from burning motor up.

jje1960
02-08-2012, 12:01 PM
I would only be opening one at a time. Be careful with the switches, we had one blow in a previous TT and because the switch failed, the slide motor burned out.

f6bits
02-08-2012, 03:53 PM
I thought that from what I read, some switches run two slides. Are they all independently wired?

Fireman640
02-08-2012, 05:27 PM
One switch opens them both on my unit

Ron
02-08-2012, 06:43 PM
One switch opens them both on my unit

Im not familiar with the Sprinter, are they hydraulic or electric slides? If you only have one switch, probably hydraulic and they will go out at the same time, usually the lighter one first with the least resistance, then the 2nd slide. If there is a hesitation where it acts like it doesn't work for about 1-2 seconds, there is a circuit breaker that trips to protect the system, then trips back in to continue the process. I have never seen 2 slides that are electric on the same switch myself, but sounds like others have had them that way. Some of the larger 5vers with 3+ slides have both electric and hydraulic slides as mine does. Hope this helps. Happy campin.............Ron

Fireman640
02-10-2012, 06:01 AM
Ron was right on :)
1 switch for multiple slides means you have hydraulic slide rooms. The hydraulic pressure builds in the lines and will move the room of least resistance first (lightest usually). If the slide starts to increase in pressure when it nears closing, the larger room may start to retract as it currently demands less pressure to move it.

SAABDOCTOR
02-10-2012, 07:30 AM
X2 FOR RON. I HAVE 5 SLIDES MONTANA3750FL 1 SWITCH FOR 3 SLIDES...HYDROLIC UNITS AND THEY MOVE AS RO DSCRIBES THE OTHER TWO ARE ELECTRIC. WITH ONE SWITCH FOR EATCH SLIDE. HOPE THIS HELPS YA! SPRING IS COMMING... I HOPE:bdance: