PDA

View Full Version : 2009, 297 sprinter hot water heater

gretnaboy
02-04-2012, 09:50 AM
I had a indoor electric swith installed for the element in the hot water heater.now i can't get hot water. I have 110 volts at the switch,going in to the heating element and coming out of the heating element but it wont heat the water. Need help.

SteveC7010
02-04-2012, 10:00 AM
I had a indoor electric swith installed for the element in the hot water heater.now i can't get hot water. I have 110 volts at the switch,going in to the heating element and coming out of the heating element but it wont heat the water. Need help.

Double check the water heater. Some of them with 110 vac heating elements have a switch on the body of the heater. My last one was a Dometic with the switch on top of the electric box on the backside of the unit. It is just to the left of the blue strain relief.

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_27674_0_ab4aa13ec086b99aa9f1eb30fcb83272.jpg

Also, there is a thermal protector on the heater. It may have tripped and needs to be reset.

hankpage
02-04-2012, 10:17 AM

If you have 110v to ground on both sides of the element it should be heating. :confused: If you are getting 110v across both screws the element most likely is blown. WITH POWER TURNED OFF Disconnect wires from both screws and check continuity across the screws. (If good should read around 13 ohms) If the element is good it will take about 45 min. for hot water but you should hear a slight hiss from the heater when it starts. Hope this helps, Hank

Oscar
02-04-2012, 10:28 AM
What Hank said......

The electrical elements when powered without water in the tank will blow in SECONDS. (Don't ask me how I know this.....:rolleyes:) The good news is they are cheap and easy to replace.