PDA

View Full Version : New Member...

Oscar
02-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Greetings,

New to this forum, not new to forums.

"Camp Lamination" is a 2008 29 BHS Ultralight which we have owned since new. We spend anywhere from 3 to 5 weeks a year in it, and at home it lives under the mother of all car ports. A few mods have been made. The queen size mattress never made it out of the plastic, and was replaced by a Serta pillow top King. (I filled in the platform on the left side to support it.) The box under the master bed was modified in that I cut openings in the front where laundry baskets slide under. A dust ruffle in front of it hides it all. The battery was removed from the tongue, and replaced with two 4D's in the left aft compartment. (we have the 4 bunk version) In the bottom under the sound system I installed a 2000W inverter, a source selector switch and a battery condition monitor. I also T'd into the hot water supply so I can run a propane tankless water heater outside. I think that's about it......

Max is a 2009 Chevy 2500HD Duramax with the Allison 6 speed..... Max LOVES pulling Camp Lamination. Set the cruise for 70mph and don't worry about it....10mpg.

http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/PicPages/Linkto_files/P9230245_2.jpg

http://www.woodenshoemusic.com/PicPages/Linkto_files/PC050003.jpg

Festus2
02-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Welcome to the forum, Oscar. It must be great to have the "mother of all carport" under which to keep the TT and your other marine toy. I like the Camp Lamination handle ---- much better than Delamination! Glad to have you with us.

hankpage
02-03-2012, 02:24 PM
Oscar, Welcome. I'll bet you get great water pressure in the shower with that mother of all water hookups by the mother of all carports. :D :wave: Hank

JoeofNSB
02-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Very nice setup. Jealous, not of the snow, but the mother of all carports. Would like one in Florida to keep the nasty sun off. Welcome and happy trails to you.

Oscar
02-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Thanks, all.

Yes, the carport was a few weeks of hard labor......I just hate having things sit out in the weather. Between the UV and the freeze/thaw cycles it cuts the life span of a roof in half, or worse.

Herap
02-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Welcome to the forum Oscar :thumbsup:. I'm envious of your 'mother of all carports' as well as everyone else...we live in a circle and have no way of adding one anywhere on our property!! If only we had known :bfart:. Oh, well, enjoy camping when the weather there allows.

Ray

2011 keystone
02-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Oscar, Welcome. I'll bet you get great water pressure in the shower with that mother of all water hookups :D :wave: Hank

I had to go back to the pic to see what you was talking about. LOLOLO:rofl::rofl::

Ron
02-03-2012, 08:30 PM
Welcome Oscar and great carport like others have said and pics. Hope you enjoy your cougar and if you have any questions or concerns , ask away there is plenty of good advice if needed. Happy Campin.............Ron

Oscar
02-04-2012, 07:35 AM
Thanks all...

We're going down to Florida this spring..... FT Wilderniss. Wife and son are very excited. Yes, the fire hydrant. Someone I knew in the middle of the night ran over it, and did the mature thing, he threw it in the back of his truck. (There may have been alcohol involved :rolleyes:) Years later it was lying there while the bank had an auction in his shop....bought it for 5 bucks. And now I get a discount on my homeowners insurance......(just kidding) It's just a yard ornament.

hankpage
02-04-2012, 07:41 AM
Thanks all...

We're going down to Florida this spring..... FT Wilderniss. Wife and son are very excited. Yes, the fire hydrant. Someone I knew in the middle of the night ran over it, and did the mature thing, he threw it in the back of his truck. (There may have been alcohol involved :rolleyes:) Years later it was lying there while the bank had an auction in his shop....bought it for 5 bucks. And now I get a discount on my homeowners insurance......(just kidding) It's just a yard ornament.

Some folks will do anything for their dogs. :thumbsup: ........... We're heading for Sarasota in April, Maybe we'll see you on the road. :)

jje1960
02-05-2012, 05:51 AM
Darn, wish I had that carport...

cumminsdad08
02-05-2012, 06:26 AM
welcome oscar, hope to see ya around:wave:

Oscar
02-22-2012, 02:48 PM
Darn, wish I had that carport...

Build it...... I put the thing up for about 3 large. If you want more info let me know.