PDA

View Full Version : Water Pump Question

camper 2010
02-03-2012, 11:59 AM
I have a Keystone 27RLS that has a problem with the water pump. This occurs when I get ready to use it after the winter. The water pump will not prime. The input line from fresh water tank to pump seems to be blocked. Is there a check valve between the pump and fresh water tank or could the line be blocked? This is the 2ed time this has happened, the first under warranty. Has anyone else had this problem? if so, let me know how you repaired it.

SteveC7010
02-03-2012, 02:23 PM
If there is a winterizing valve and siphon on the water line ahead of the pump, it was probably left in siphon position. Flip the valve to the other position and it should function normally.

Oscar
02-04-2012, 12:11 PM
If that is not the case a wet shop vac on one of the faucets (use your hand to make a semi seal around it all) should help get 'er going again. You'll hear the sound change as soon as there's water in the pump.

My pump usually just barely makes it after I have the system dry.

camper 2010
02-07-2012, 10:41 AM
I found the problem. When I had the trailer in for warranty repair fo the pump, the shop had to cut the inlet water line to reroute the line, it was sucking air at this location. When the trailer came from Keystone the water line was ran between floor and frame. After several uses and walking on the floor, the water line was mashed flat. Had to remove the plastic bottom from trailer to find where the problem was. All is good in Camper 2010 world.

hankpage
02-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Glad to here all is well. Thanks for letting us know what the problem was. Travel safely, Hank