PDA

View Full Version : New Moutaineer 285RLD owners

tidwood
01-30-2012, 07:00 AM
We just picked up our 2012 Mountaineer 285RLD yesterday. Wow, talk about information overload! This is our first fiver and to be honest the first RV we've owned! (Aside from a van conversion decades ago) I am sure we will be asking questions, along with just reading various posts in the forums.
We survived the drive home and we both were surprised how easy the 285 towed. Of course with zero experience towing a fiver, only our boat, possibly inexperience was a good thing in this case! hah-hah 80 miles fron dealship to home and no problems.

SAABDOCTOR
01-30-2012, 07:08 AM
HI AND CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW 5ER. I AM SURE YOU WILL LOVE IT. YOU WILL ALSO FIND THAT EVERYONE ON THIS FORUM ARE GREAT PEOPLE WHO WILL BE GLAD TO HELP. ENJOY MANY WOUNDERFUL MILES AND TIME IN THAT CAMPER ENJOY. BARNEY"bouncey:

Festus2
01-30-2012, 08:48 AM
It's always comforting looking in the rear view mirror and seeing that the 5th is still there - following you - just like your boat - wherever you go! The 5th will react differently than the boat trailer when backing in but, with some practice, it will become easier.
Nice to have you with us, congratulations on your new Mountaineer, and safe travels.
Feel free to ask questions. Just find the right category for them and post away.

Herap
01-31-2012, 05:56 PM
Tidwood, welcome to the forum and a new way of camping.:thumbsup: Many Montana owners are members of this forum, as well as the Montana owners forum (http://montanaowners.com/) DW and I are in our first 5r as well having been in motorhomes in the past. Backing is different in a 5r, but experience is the best way to learn. Just keep on trying, good luck and happy camping :thumbsup:.

Ray

tidwood
02-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Thank you, Herap
We looked at the Montana forum, but never got a reply when asking to join, plus it doesn't seem active since November of 2011. Did it close?

SAABDOCTOR
02-03-2012, 12:04 PM
i tyried to join that group too with no luck good news they still like us montana owners on this sight soo i will just stay here and drive everyone nutz. THE PEOPLE HERE ARE REALY HELPFUL YOU WILL NOT MOG"bouncey:

Festus2
02-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Barney:
You are right. We are very tolerant here of everyone - even Montana owners who drive the rest of us "nutz". :cool3: Not to worry Barney, we still love 'ya! :bdance:

tidwood
02-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Thanks, Doc and Festus, was starting to get a complex that it was me! hah-hah I'm sure we'll have questions once we actually take the coach out, but for now all seems great. The 80mile trip from the dealership to home went very well, even in Los Angeles traffic and the storage yard parking went without a hitch. So far so good. :) Off to spend money on putting some things in all the cupborads and draws. Thanks again for the replies.

Hunter757
02-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Tidwood, welcome and congrats on the new mountaineer!! I tried the MOC form and boy am I greatful this form there is a ton of information and great people here.

Happy camping and enjoy that Mountaineer!! :bdance: