PDA

View Full Version : Working out in RV

travelbugger
01-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Hello Everyone,
This may be a strange question- but I want to work out while in my fifth wheel but it shakes quite a bit when I try to do the cardio side of it. My question is: Do you know if this will damage anything?
Thanks for your input~

Paddler
01-29-2012, 04:41 PM
I supose you could damage the rear stabilizers with alot of bouncing around. So in order to stop the motion you probably need to place a support between the axle and the frame on each side. Measure the distance between the axle and the frame, cut a piece of 4x4, use a bottle jack to raise the frame, insert the 4x4. That should stop the motion. Just remember to remove the 4X4 before travelling.

travelbugger
01-30-2012, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the reply Paddler!
The rear of the fifthwheel is pretty high up off the ground. I don't think a bottle jack would do it. Could I just retract the rear jacks a little bit? Of course that means the rv will be moving more. But would that hurt anything? Or could I retract the jacks and put a thicker block of wood under it so they arent fully extended?

SAABDOCTOR
01-30-2012, 01:23 PM
:banghead::confused:HI CHECK OUT SOME OF THE TREADS ON STABILTY SYSTEMS. I AM HAVING A BRAIN FART AT THE MOMENT. I THINK ITS CALLED STABILITY FAST I HAVE ORDDERED A KIT FOR MY 5TH. HAVE SEEN THEM IN ACTION THEY WILL STOP THE ROCKIN. I KNOW FESTUS OR HANK WILL COME TO MY RESCUE WITH THE CORRECT NAME BUT IF I FIND IT I WILL REPOST

SAABDOCTOR
01-30-2012, 01:26 PM
CAME TO ME ..... SEADY FAST SYSTEMS. WOW THAT WAS CLOSE THE MEN IN THE WHITE COATS WERE COMING! HOPE THIS HELPS. YES I AM NUTS I WORK ON SAABS .. WHATS LEFT OF THEM THAT WILL MAKE ANYONE CRAZY.:bdance:

michol02
01-30-2012, 01:48 PM
I use BAL stabilizer bars(4bars on rear of trailer). They made a world of difference(about $150 total for all 4). My 7 year old and friend do their cheer routine and I can barely feel them jumping and dancing. I can still hear them though!!! I haven't found anything to eliminate that problem. LOL

travelbugger
01-30-2012, 01:49 PM
Hello Saabdoctor,
Well I dont mind if the camper rocks. I just want to know if it will hurt anything. Any idea?
Also, I am wondering if you are form Alaska or been that way?
Your dogs names remind me of Alaska where I grew up and moved away from approx. 4.5 yrs ago.
Cheers~

hankpage
01-30-2012, 01:53 PM
I don't care how big you are, I'm sure you can't make the trailer bounce any worse than our beautifully maintained highway systems. Of course I can't say what the neighbors might think when they see the trailer "Rockin' ". :jump:

travelbugger
01-30-2012, 02:02 PM
Lol! Good one hankpage! I was wondering what it might look like from the outside! And I had wondered what my neighbors might think since my husband isn't here with me. Haha!
The saying would still apply though. If my trailers rockin...don't come knockin~ I'm obviously busy! :bdance: I love this banana!