PDA

View Full Version : bathroom door removal 2011 Alpine 3450RL

EH Hawkes
01-28-2012, 02:39 PM
I need to remove the bathroom door to trim it down due to rubbing on rug. Has anyone remove a door in these units does the hinge come apart or do you have to remove the screws. Thanks for any advisei

CarKath
01-28-2012, 02:53 PM
It can be done either way. They are not the best hinges. It maybe just as easy to pull the 4 screws.

Being the curious type. Has it always rubbed on carpet? Has it shifted in some manner?

EH Hawkes
01-28-2012, 02:58 PM
It has allways rubbed on the carpet I do not believe the door has shifted unit i new and I am just getting around to a fix. Thanks for your reply. The hinges do not look like you can take out a pin as such

CarKath
01-28-2012, 03:04 PM
I just looked at the hinges on my doors. The pins will come out if you drive them out with a nail set or like tool. I'd just get the cordless drill out and pull the 4 screws.

Just a tip for when your cutting, you may know this already, tape bottom of door along cut line and in area where shoe of saw will run. I'd recommend a 40 tooth blade for cutting.

EH Hawkes
01-28-2012, 03:30 PM
Thanks for the advise. I am going to remove the screws in case the hinges fall apart. You are right they are not the best quality

CarKath
01-28-2012, 06:30 PM
If you look closely at hinges. They have neoprene bushings. Or they appear to be that. I suspect they would be a pain to realign the hinge and bushings. If in fact the bushing are not part of the hinge. I have never taken it apart.

Good luck in your repair. I hope you post back your experiences with the repair.

Carl :)