PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Northern IL

86GT2r
01-28-2012, 01:32 PM
Hello, I've been a lurker for awhile & decided to register finally. I am married, have two children & live in northern IL.
We used to be popup campers for many years & last spring we decided to see if our Coleman popup would sell. It did. We looked around and finally decided to change to a travel trailer. Last June we bought a 2012 Passport 2650BH and took it to the Black Hills & Badlands for two weeks to "break it in".
The trip was trouble free & we had a lot of fun.
We are looking forward to learning about new things & sharing camping stories with you. Thanks for reading through this long post. :rolleyes:

Festus2
01-28-2012, 01:42 PM
It's always nice when your first trip is both enjoyable and trouble-free. Glad that you decided to stop lurking and join in. :thumbsup: Welcome to the group, Andy and Iacie.

f6bits
01-28-2012, 01:48 PM
What a fantastic maiden voyage! I love that bunkhouse setup. We have two little ones and plan to get lots more use out of it.

LeeMedic
01-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Hello, I've been a lurker for awhile & decided to register finally. I am married, have two children & live in northern IL.
We used to be popup campers for many years & last spring we decided to see if our Coleman popup would sell. It did. We looked around and finally decided to change to a travel trailer. Last June we bought a 2012 Passport 2650BH and took it to the Black Hills & Badlands for two weeks to "break it in".
The trip was trouble free & we had a lot of fun.
We are looking forward to learning about new things & sharing camping stories with you. Thanks for reading through this long post. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum! Happy Camping!

DJ85
01-28-2012, 03:30 PM
Welcome from a fellow Illinois resident. We reside in the southern half of Illinois about 45 mins out of St Louis. Congrats on the new camper we just traded in our Jayco Eagel BH for a CougarRES327. We love the room we have now and the kids are grown up and moving in their own direction so it's just me and the DW . Looking forward to the year we are planning on getting out and exploring.

hankpage
01-28-2012, 08:28 PM
:wave: Welcome. Enjoy your new Passport and travel safely, Hank

MILBY
01-29-2012, 04:34 AM
Also from Illinois central part. Illinois is funny for camping times in the summer it was so hot we had to sit inside, six minths later you would freese to death. Oh and all our governors go to jail

86GT2r
01-30-2012, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome :wave:
Today the temperature got up to the mid 40's. Can't wait for spring to arrive & camping season with it!

DJ85
01-31-2012, 02:47 AM
Yesterday it was 61 degrees "bouncey: today they are saying 65 degrees :bdance: Now I know it won't stay like that but when you have the camping winter blues thats really not fair to have that kind of weather in January!!!!!!:(

SAABDOCTOR
01-31-2012, 05:43 AM
HI AND WELCOME WHAT A GREAT FIRST TRIP. THIS WEATHER IS REALY A TEASE HERE IN NEW ENGLAND WILL BE NEAR 50 TODAY 60 ON WED. THEN GET COLD AGAIN RATS! SPRING IS COMMING :wave: