PDA

View Full Version : King Pin Stabilizer

kevin46
01-28-2012, 06:30 AM
My king pin stabilizer never seemed to be the right length. It was too short for some campsites and too long for others, depending on the slant of the site. To make it more site friendly I took it apart and cut six inches from the middle of each leg. I took one of the cut out pieces to Lowe's and found a conduit size that exactly fit the inside of the square stabilizer "tube." I measured the total length of the newly cut stabilizer legs and cut three pieces of conduit just shorter than the legs. I set up my drill press with a 5/16" bit to drill straight through the leg and conduit together approximately an inch in from each end of the cut leg. I then used those holes as a holder/template to drill 5/16" holes at 2" (two inch) increments all the way down the length of the three conduit pieces. I went to Tractor Supply and bought six 5/16" hitch pins to fit through the holes I drilled. Now I can merely adjust the length of the stablizer legs to fit any slope.

LarryL
01-28-2012, 08:20 AM
That is a great idea I have had that same problem with some
campsites.nice pic to show how you did it to.:thumbsup:

X-Treme
01-28-2012, 07:36 PM
VERY nice! Wanna do mine now? ;)

mikell
01-30-2012, 03:49 AM
Sold mine with the old unit and never missed it. Never really could get it to make a difference that we could notice