PDA

View Full Version : cover for cougar 2020 cougar 26rbs

sleepy
11-11-2021, 06:59 PM
I have been searching the internet for a cover for my cougar 26rbs with several opinions as to which one is best. it will be out in the open all winter and wondering what experience you might care to offer. Thanks. David

travelin texans
11-11-2021, 09:02 PM
If you'd do a search on here I think you'd find 70% vote no cover! Instead a good cleaning & wax job is recommended. This is due to the issue of possible wind damage to the rv by the cover flapping & tearing up the cover in a couple seasons. Not to mention the hassle & hazards of installing & removing.
With 30% voting for a cover! With a couple of those only using it once!

machz
11-12-2021, 08:03 AM
I chose to cover my RV here in NH. Very few RV's are not covered in my area so I figured I would cover. I went with a KingBird cover it was easy to put on and it has a ton of straps to keep it tight in the wind.

COLUSAR
11-12-2021, 08:55 AM
I have always used Adco covers and feel it has really helped preserve the finish on my RV. I guess I must fall into that 30% group.

Canonman
11-12-2021, 04:13 PM
I went with the RV Masking brand this year. This looks like a real heavy duty cover. Well made with a multi layer roof.

sleepy
11-12-2021, 06:02 PM
Thank you. I think I will follow your advice, especially after reading quite a few reviews of many unhappy users. Would you have a wash/wax product to recommend? Many listed on amazon etc but experience is better.
Thanks for your response. Be safe and stay healthy
David

Canonman
11-13-2021, 06:37 AM
I use Meguiar's Ultimate Wash and Wax and Nu Finish wax to finish.

travelin texans
11-13-2021, 07:21 AM
Thank you. I think I will follow your advice, especially after reading quite a few reviews of many unhappy users. Would you have a wash/wax product to recommend? Many listed on amazon etc but experience is better.
Thanks for your response. Be safe and stay healthy
David

Any good quality carwash soap & a good automotive wax a couple times per year should do the trick.
There are, & others may recommend them, specialty type RV waxes that cost considerably more & may or may not be any better than anything else.
Even if you have someone else do this job it's likely much less $$ than buying a cover every couple years.

Zixxer2Go
11-29-2021, 09:38 AM
Ah yes, well, a cover is a great way to protect the finish of the RV; some recommend super-snug fit with zero movement, while we have a relatively light flow and less than super-snug on ours. We have the Classic Accessories Over Drive PolyPRO3 Deluxe Travel Trailer Cover or Toy Hauler Cover, Fits 35' - 38' RVs (80-356-213101-RT) found on Amazon currently at $269. We had one from another maker 4 years ago (2016 29BHS) that actually ripped in half during a windstorm...replaced under warranty :)

We also wash and wax, but I think the UV rays will take their toll on any painted or wrapped surface. We also cover our truck, and got top dollar in trade-in on our last one (2014 F-250); the paint still looked beautiful, no scratching from the cover. To be fair, we did pay for the upgraded cover with the brushed interior lining. Though sold as "waterproof", that is <not> how it works out if you're hoping for a fully waterproof one...that would be more of a "tarp", which is NOT a recommended covering in most cases.

As far as your trailer goes, your experience may vary depending on how methodical you are on cleaning, covering, tightening, monitoring, replacing as needed. Our 2019 Outback still looks great :cool: