PDA

View Full Version : New to me 2019 Cougar 32RLI problems

jawsmon
11-09-2021, 07:53 AM
1st, what is the box mounted on the wall above the In Command control panel. It has a USB port on one side. Sliding the cover off reveals that there is nothing inside. It appears that a module of some sort is suppose to plug in.

2nd, The converter died just after my first outing. It was a 50Amp unit. A quick call to Keystone and I found out it was 3 months out of warranty......Drats:(:(:(......I replaced it with a 70 Amp unit that is working properly.

3rd, Getting ready to snowbird after Christmas. Batteries might need to be replaced. Planning to use 2 6V golf cart batteries wired in series. Is this a good idea or is there a better way?

Canonman
11-09-2021, 02:09 PM
Welcome! From Utah
Can't speak to the mystery box, but upgrading to a 6 volt system is a good idea. We upgraded our Cougar a couple of seasons ago and have been very happy with the outcome.

MarkEHansen
11-18-2021, 03:03 PM
We use dual 6V GC2 batteries and have had very good luck with them. We also got a good battery monitor to make it easier to tell when they need to be charged. You can get good quality 6V GC2 batteries for around $89, which is a great bargain in my opinion.

LHaven
11-18-2021, 06:06 PM
1st, what is the box mounted on the wall above the In Command control panel. It has a USB port on one side. Sliding the cover off reveals that there is nothing inside. It appears that a module of some sort is suppose to plug in.

I'd hazard a guess from a good photo...

I know the InCommand control panel has a USB jack on the bottom, but I'm pretty sure you're talking about something separate.