PDA

View Full Version : TV Mounting w/o sticker

tncorbiere
11-03-2021, 07:18 AM
Hi all.

I have a 2021 Springdale 298BH and we love it. We have taken it out a few times and are getting ready to head cross country. It didnt come with a TV though or a sticker for the mount. I mounted a TV with an RV locking mount using a stud finder right about where the sticker should have been. I have heard people talking about a backer plate in the wall though. It didnt seem like there was one there when i installed and the TV seems sturdy. Curious if I should be worried or not. Gonna take it out and see if it comes loose at all. Let me know what you think, I can post a picture this weekend.

Tom

chuckster57
11-03-2021, 10:41 AM
Welcome to the forum :wlcm:

If you found a wall stud and put the screws into it, you should be ok.

0rion
11-03-2021, 10:46 AM
What I did on my last one (which probably still isn't the right way) that didn't have a backer was I used a couple 1x4's that I painted to match and put it across a couple studs to spread the load. Then attached mount to those. It was in a cubby so the boards pretty much disappeared after tv was mounted. Depending on the tv size if you're into a stud you're probably fine...I just wanted to be sure since I figure that tv is bouncing a little during travel.

curtiscapk
11-03-2021, 10:57 AM
I used a quick release mount and just take mine down now. I thought I had my first attempt in the studs-backer board, but didn't. After we stopped we found the tv and mount were on the floor. :eek: I got lucky and only lost the TV. There was no damage to walls or cabinets.

Falcon67
11-10-2021, 05:22 PM
Use a stud finder - our sticker in the 220RD is about 4" off the real location. And it's just barely 1 1/2" wide, so yes - it's a stud of some sort.

I used a Walmart $40 articulating mount, then modified a 5/16 bolt by welding a washer on the head and using a wing nut on the threads - that allows me to R&R the TV from the main bracket for travel. TV rides on the bed.

08quadram
11-11-2021, 01:07 PM
I found that the stickers are pretty much useless. Kind of like the gas Guage in my old '89 Grand Wagoneer. More for entertainment. Purposes. Use a stud finder.

Falcon67
11-14-2021, 04:48 PM
Close but no cigar
https://raceabilene.com/misc/RV/TV1.jpg

LHaven
11-14-2021, 07:19 PM
Hey, don't forget -- you really don't want to depend on a sticker placed by the same folks who routinely reverse the labels on your black and gray dump handles! :eek: