PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Winterizing Question

rvforme
11-01-2021, 03:46 PM
We are first time RV owners this year and just had our camper winterized. This is a rookie question.

So I realized all the drain tubes on the bottom were left open when I dropped off the camper to be winterized. I called to let them know because I thought that mattered. They had me pick it up and they are all still open. Does that not affect anything? I thought the antifreeze would just drain out if those were open. Teach this new guy some info, please! Much appreciated.

We have a Keystone Bullet 2200BH.

They charged for antifreeze so they didn’t just push air through the lines.

https://imgur.com/a/AcFWjwY

jxnbbl
11-01-2021, 03:52 PM
It depends on how they winterized it! I traded in a 2021 bullet (built in 2020) for a larger 2021 bullet built in 2021 and there was a winterization feature where you don't have to worry about the freshwater tank being used for winterization.

rvforme
11-01-2021, 03:56 PM
It depends on how they winterized it! I traded in a 2021 bullet (built in 2020) for a larger 2021 bullet built in 2021 and there was a winterization feature where you don't have to worry about the freshwater tank being used for winterization.

There are three drain tubes all together. Even if one was for the fresh water tank, wouldn’t the rest drain out of the other red hot water and blue cold water drain tubes?

GHen
11-01-2021, 06:21 PM
Agreed, best procedure is to blow the lines first and then winterize with rv antifreeze.

Even if the lines are drained water can still hold in different areas, if it stays in the pump you will be spending money in the spring to replace it.

chuckster57
11-01-2021, 07:00 PM
Agreed, best procedure is to blow the lines first and then winterize with rv antifreeze.

Even if the lines are drained water can still hold in different areas, if it stays in the pump you will be spending money in the spring to replace it.

If he had a dealership winterize it, I would make them replace it if it froze and broke.

0rion
11-02-2021, 01:01 AM
One is your fresh water drain....the other 2 are low point drains. My guess would be they closed those low points and winterized then opened them back up. That would be my guess.

jxnbbl
11-02-2021, 04:19 AM
One is your fresh water drain....the other 2 are low point drains. My guess would be they closed those low points and winterized then opened them back up. That would be my guess.

Now I see what your saying...I would guess the same.

B-O-B'03
11-02-2021, 04:51 AM
Why not call the dealer and ask them why the drains were left open?

-Brian