PDA

View Full Version : Coroplast Repair

ranch.manager
10-28-2021, 03:41 PM
Everyone
this is my first post though I have replied a time or two. I am grateful for the wealth of knowledge shared on this forum.

While doing an inspection I noticed the coroplast was cracked near one of the screws that hold in place. See attached picture. I was thinking a piece of of plexiglass a few inches larger than the cracked area. Attaching it to the coroplast with construction adhesive and then securing it with another similar self tapping screw with a much larger washer. Finally sealing the edges with silicone.

Anyone with experience fixing the same please weigh in. Two brains are always better than one.

bobbecky
10-28-2021, 04:01 PM
All you need is a large fender washer to use with the screw. A piece of plexiglass will just break, just not strong enough.

JRTJH
10-28-2021, 07:16 PM
A fender washer or the top out of a "soup can" to act as a washer, then clean the area well and use SCRIM tape or Gorilla tape to tape over the entire area. SCRIM tape comes in 4" or 6" wide rolls and a single layer over the repair would seal the area "until you rip the tape off for some unknown reason".....

ranch.manager
10-29-2021, 06:35 AM
Thanks
I think I have a large vegetable can lid that should cover the entire crack. On to looking for the tape.

Falcon67
10-29-2021, 09:30 AM
I'd apply a good crosshatch of Gorilla tape or similar hi-tack waterproof tape prior to re-doing the screw and washer.